1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Per Adrian Wojnarowski] McGrady hopes to return against T'Wolves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevierebel, Nov 9, 2009.

1. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I'm rooting for TMac and I'm not going to criticize or judge him his first 10 games back. But I will say his PT and mouth need to be on a short leash.

And any apology TMac has ever made has sounded hollow and completely self-serving. The team should come first, especially now.

2. HPD

HPD Member

SPLASH !!!

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Dude you are just hating big time. I am not the biggest T-mac fan and I will have hard supporting him after the **** he pulled last year in Toronto and at the trading deadline, but the fact is that he has done a lot for this team.

Yes, yes please sing to me that the regular season doesn't matter. I've heard that note sang too many times, but you know what, since T-mac has been here (when he has been healthy) we have had 50 win seasons, something we didn't have since the championship days. Unfortunately the Rockets teams have been so old or all defensive that when we went to the playoffs our opponents eventually took us out. I would say that the only time we seriously had a decent chance of winning was when we lost game 7 in Houston against Utah. That's the only time I seriously thought to myself, you know what, we should have won this series.

Every other series we have been either overmatched or have not had enough offensive talent. The Dallas series could have been ours but as revealed by Donaghy, a few calls did not go our way which shifted the momentum of the whole series. Those Magic teams that T-mac led were also ****, but I won't comment on those since I didn't follow them.

Fact of the matter is that when T-mac has been healthy we have been a better team. DD can sing all he wants how T-mac is selfish. You can tell us about how many failures he has had. Every other hater can count all the times we have failed in the playoffs, but when we think of every series that T-mac has played, we have played with injured people or Yao was on the bench in a suit.

Last year against the Blazers I'm pretty dam sure we would have advance with T-mac on the roster at full strength. People just love hating though and don't understand that those previous Rockets teams have had horrible benches and horrible starters (I'M LOOKING AT YOU RAFER).

Yes T-mac is a little drama queen and yes he is injury prone, but I have never overlooked how many times he has stepped up for this team. To simply ask a player to do it every single game is just crazy when defenses are collapsing on you since no other teammate can make an open basket.

1 person likes this.
  4. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Thank you sir. If I was upgraded to Contributing member already I would rep you.

People are just bitter..and all this hate for our own player is tasteless and classless....

1 person likes this.
  5. young truth

young truth Member

lol, i would never question another Rockets fan but this T-mac's issue is causing factions.

Has any other player in Rockets history caused more emotional flareups and divided the fans without playing.

Even YOF have calmed down since his injury, yet the T-Mac catastrophe continues

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

You are a sad excuse for a human being. I almost wish an airplane dropped you off in the middle of Darfur to see how you like it.

I'll say it again, ride T-Mac all you want, but do us all a favor and keep your pathetic narrow view of how much more you value basketball than human life to yourself.

7. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

weren't the t-wolves the team he missed that open dunk on? maybe he wants to go through the same scenario but demo the rim this time with a big 180 corkscrew.

8. obeyplayer

obeyplayer New Member

TMac wants to be traded ;)

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That's why it is pretty clear this year. When he wins with the team, he has a chance. Otherwise he'll be shipped out. Next year he's gone regardless.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am very surprised by this. I can't believe it's true.

T-mac returning on the 18th? I understand he's anxious, but he's not ready. He still has pain in the knee, he still hasn't been through a full practice. No way. This is just a bad idea.

I hope he re-considers and is just being overly anxious. I think there's no way he steps into a game without an MRI on the knee and without going through a full practice.

He needs to learn the new style and what's going on too. He needs to go through some practices...

11. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Wth is going on? Can we finally get our info straight? Wow.

12. young truth

young truth Member

Its called the ignore button, USE IT.

I can guarantee you that T-Mac's movie is not going to make even 1% change in the Darfur crisis.

13. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Check your local listings McGrady's drama continue...

14. logicx

logicx Member

All of my thoughts, exactly...

T-Mac returns, part II? Or is it III...

15. halfling131

halfling131 Member

And your attitude is making 0% change :D.

16. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

How the hell do you know how much of a difference it will make ??? And since this is a rockets forum as u say leave ur idiotic opinions about other stuff to urself.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

It's called the common sense and human decency button, USE IT.

At least T-Mac is giving his time, money and effort towards helping those who need it through whatever means he has available. Can you claim anything remotely close to that? Somehow I doubt it.

That's the real truth, neither young or old, like it or not.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Dude just a question, besides his lack of heart why do you hate the guy so much? I mean the movie may not make a difference to everyone but if it brings light to some of the issues happening then it did its job.

19. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Are we now convinced he does things on purpose? This wasn't T-Mac talking from the heart, or emotions, or being optimistic. He knew this was going to make headlines, and who is he kidding?

There is just no way he's game ready. There is no way he's going to be able to keep up with the speed of this game right now. I want him back, but he's making things so hard on himself and this organization.

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

in his new blog, he said he's been going through full practices now, entirely different from the new chronicle.

someone is lying here.