1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

people made fun of me when i said capela would be a top 3 center in the league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenMvp, Apr 16, 2018.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Capela as a primary or even secondary option would be terrible LOL He has perfected the art of being an elite roll man and his face up game has improved leaps and bounds. FT's too!

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I thought they were making fun of you for not being able to recognize a travel?

Jontro and D-rock like this.
  3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

...i'm sure that wasnt the only reason they were makin fun of you... lol

Jontro, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  4. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Not the best center but he sticks to his roles. Except when he gets the ball too far off the paint and instead of passing back the ball tries to dribble in.

He tries to switch too many times against smaller guards. I’m glad Trevor always tries to switch to his man. Last game u could see two instances where Capela wanted the switch and Trevor stayed with his man and Capela had to go back. That always gets us in problem because itheir Capela can’t cover the switch or that creates a mismatch in the center.

He is good and he is young and can and will improve but he isn’t the best center. He is a good fit here and harden and Chris get his really easy looks.

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

His touch and moved around the hoop are way better than deandre Jordan’s.

With that said he’s not a top 3 center but he’s def creeping up on the top spot after KAT, embiid, cousins, jokic.

He’s really good and I can def see him being a 18/12/3 guy if he can start playing 34 min a game.

But he does benefits a lot from Harden.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  6. Game7

Game7 Member

He is capable of being top 5 if he resigns here. CP3 and Harden are perfect for him. He gets better every year. Most people didn't think he would be as good as he was last year. This year has been straight up revelatory.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

on another note .... if he dominates KAT again ( and KAT actually posts up more than a few times) then maybe he really is a top 3.

That block on KAT was unexpected and beautiful

BigShasta, hakeem94 and BallSoHarden like this.
  8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Clint is a product of a system, love having him here. However , he is not the best center in the league and still not top 3. Jokic embarrassed him this season, Porzingis is younger and better, Cousins before getting injured was a player that you knew for sure would be good on just about any team and didn't rely on lobs. Townes is not the greatest, but keep in mind he is also younger than Clint and is averaging more rebounds, 50% more in points than Clint as well. He is averaging 8 more minutes per game and can stretch the floor as a 3 point shooter. Anthony Davis plays the center position as well, and is in a different league. Rudy Gobert overall I would say is better because he can play 5 more minutes per game at a similar level to Clint otherwise. All of these players are able to stay on the court longer, this is what doesn't make Clint top 3.

9. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

I am making fun of you for this weak post.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Cousins's teams sure are successful

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

People on this very board would gang up on me when I'd say he'd even be a top 10 Center. It's ridiculous.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

people made fun of me when i said capela would be a top 3 center in the league
    With all due respect, nobody noticed, remembered, or cares about your basketball opinions.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. HookemHorns1250

He’s one of the best for what we use him for specifically, but as for pure talent, not sure about that.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The OP is sixteen, can't spell blatant, and does this.

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Transfer him to a mediocre team and have him be the man for them. Yule C.

Marc Gasol would probably be not impressed.

Not saying he cannot be a star, but it's way too early and he is playing with the best PGs in history feeding him. So.

Stars usually come to be when there is nobody assisting them.

17. Mr. Space City

well he doesn't play with gawden

#57 Mr. Space City, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  18. s3ts

s3ts Member

i don't remember refuting that Clint would become a star player. Never.

I never bet against a player on the Rockets roster. I want them to do well.

Even when JLin was here, I hated how people overrated his skills, but I badly wanted him to have the kind of historic Linsanity month he had in NY.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Capela’s most underrated skill is his ability to defend out to the perimeter. Minny switching him onto Teague and having him try to take Capela off the dribble was roflcopters while KAT was standing in the paint with our point guard switched onto him.

20. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

You are way overstating how 'paltry' it is. If he'd made 3 more he'd be shooting 50% on his hooks. I didn't say he has the best form, but it's a high percentage shot.