1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

people made fun of me when i said capela would be a top 3 center in the league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenMvp, Apr 16, 2018.

1. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

he added the eurostep he is max player now :) haha

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What are Capela’s numbers when he is not sharing the floor with James Harden?

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That was true last season. He's added an Eurostep to his game now and seems to be able to take on bigger / slower defenders off the dribble with it.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Right, I mean he's not Hakeem by any stretch, but he CAN make moves with the ball and create his own offense. The Rockets don't want him doing that very often because low post offense isn't the most efficient option, but has absolutely created offense for himself. I love when he euro steps and gets buckets.

5. jayfree

jayfree Member

You may want to change your handle to CapelaMVP

COF is a new one

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Link to when you said this OP?

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

His hook shot on the other hand is absolutely hideous. :(

justtxyank likes this.
  8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Get Yao to teach him. Dude was pretty good at it.

9. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Usually CD does a good job helping big men develop a jump hook. Hell, even Howard developed a decent hook shot here.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Capela, my fellow! I love this kid. He will get stronger, but for his size, he is very nimble and has great hops. He is no Hakeem but he has similar lateral quickness.

pgabriel likes this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

people make fun of you because you moran

hakeem94 and ReignSupreme like this.
  12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I miss being able to rate threads

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

His hook as been SOLID!!! Missed one last night, but that was out of character. He has a good hook with both hands in his arsenal, but posting up Capela is not in our offensive scheme, it either happens on a rebound or on a mismatch where he gets a dumpoff on a drive. His touch is great!

14. kiwirocketsfan

I'd want to see him play on a team without an HoF PG before making a call on how good he is. He has had an amazing year and he has grown as a shot blocker... but not willing to crown his ass yet.

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Zhou Qi was suppose to overtake him in the starting line up and be the key to a championship formula. Lol.

16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Not to sound rude, but do you know what a hook shot is? He missed the only one he took during Game 1 and for the season, he shot 82 hooks at a paltry 46.3% rate. You are probably thinking about the close to the rim layups and scoops he does, which is NOT any type of hook shot. For comparison, KAT shot 149 hooks at 56.4%.

Now, I am not suggesting he won't ever develop a good hook shot. With his work ethic, it is definitely possible. Currently though, his hook shot is bad and would be a huge addition to his game if he can develop it.

#36 chenjy9, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Clint was locked in during the first half . He's had dominant stretches before but this was really impressive.

His defense is so good . His offense is still a bit inconsistent, but playing with harden makes that way less of an issue .

He's young , he's going to develop even more . A lot of the other guys that are in his class are also young . It's all going to come down to work ethic and health to see where he finally ends up .

His physical tools aren't outstanding compared to some other centers . Guys like Kat , embiid, Adams , gobert, and Jokic are either bigger , more athletic, or both .

But harden is tops in the league and he's not a freak athlete ( don't get me wrong , he's a great athlete... but just not otherworldly) and like James , Clint has a few elite skills like his hands and quick jump that play up when combined with IQ and work ethic make them into good players .

Clint is just now scratching the surface of his potential. He'll never be the biggest or strongest center ... but if he keeps his quickness and can add some grown man strength... he's gonna be a legit force .

D-rock likes this.
  18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Jewish American Princess?

hakeem94, D-rock and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  19. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Reminds me of a certain scientist we know

RiceRockets and hakeem94 like this.
  20. xaos

xaos Member

I wouldn’t call him a top 3 center. But, he fits our star players perfectly and because of that he is more valuable here than almost any other team.

BallSoHarden likes this.