1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People in Mainland China ... We good now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sheb, Oct 7, 2019.

1. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Pro Chinese opinions are allowed. He meant where anti Chinese opinions are not allowed. Like saying a political leaders has got to go.
    You know as well as we do that if you did have a negative opinion about China, no one would need to tell them. They would know already

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/rankings_by_country.jsp
    https://www.thebeijinger.com/blog/2019/05/27/beijing-ranks-second-last-new-quality-life-index
    https://ceoworld.biz/2019/04/11/best-quality-of-life-2019
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where-to-be-born_Index

you might have decent life, but relative to the rest of the world, you are lagging by many measures, and even more so when you factor in the economic powerhouse that China is.

BigggReddd, Nook and Fansince80 like this.
  3. Fansince80

Fansince80 Member

Not only is the standard of living very poor for most of the Chinese population, they simply can't aspire to have the same rights as the people who control them, the right to say the things you feel, even the right to run for President if you so choose. They are constantly being observed and spied on as if they were less than human and most are SO PROGRAMMED into that sad reality that they seem to be ok with living thier lives as hostages of their master rulers.

Sad reality to live in really.

Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Just updated my avatar so I'm good, Thanks Morey!!!

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That would be a lot more believable if you freely criticized your government on here.

Nook likes this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We might get more fans in the United States taking interest in us because we've chosen freedom over oppression. We're now fighting the good American fight. Who knows what that would do for us..

D-rock, Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. idshiy

idshiy Member

that is true but China did well in last decade, I'm happy with what we have accomplished. you really should have visit China, our life is not like what you thought. we have much better road than US, I haven't brought my wallet with me for a long time, we pay everything with our mobile, the city is for sure so much safer than US. there is no no go at nite zone in any of our city. you really should come to see.

dlite316, D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I think its safe to say that we are still better than the Chinese country owned media to use the Onion news or Comedy Central Noah Trevor clip to be its breaking news source.

Nook likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Daryl Morey sounds arrogant?

LMFAO ohh the irony.

arkoe and Fansince80 like this.
  10. idshiy

idshiy Member

when you talk about running president, you mean in china we cannot choose our country leader but you can choose one from a few choices they give you yeah? you know not everyone in your country can become president, oh well they may let you try and fail you, we cut the sh$t by just say no. I think we share similar freedom on that point. and again, I bat you have never been to china, no, we don't have any kind of gov department spying ppl LOL

dlite316 likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Dude......... the CCP currently has 2,000,000 of them in concentration camps..... if you think "that's okay" then your sense of morality is so broken that we cannot have a constructive conversation. I do appreciate your honesty though.

Fansince80 likes this.
  12. kanariya

kanariya Member

Go back to CBA and watch Marbury

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This site is a US based. Right now I can talk about Trump's mushroom penis and go outside and shout at the top of my lungs about his mushroom penis. People might give me odd looks but I don't fear prosecution over those comments. So no, we don't share the same freedoms at this point.

14. kanariya

kanariya Member

You've got to go. Bye.

15. kanariya

kanariya Member

You get no news in China for anything bad for them. Try look up 1989 Tiananmen.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

LOL WUT? You have a creepy social credit score! You have citizens spying on each other!

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  17. kanariya

kanariya Member

Taiwan is under democracy rule and they have their own government, military. Chinese people can't even go there without a visa. What makes it under part of China? They don't want to be part of China. Neither HK.

BigggReddd, Invisible Fan and Nook like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

No.... there is no real freedom of speech in China. When I lived there my friends were afraid to say anything. "With freedom comes consequences"....... being beaten, put in a camp or just disappearing for exercising free speech isn't really free speech.

PatBev likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

LOL if you those in Hong Kong do not break the law, they have nothing to worry about? That is the problem, because people naturally want freedoms and privacy and China provides neither. Many in Hong Kong want nothing to do with China. Same with Taiwan and even pockets in mainland China. Yet the parroting of "we are one land" is supposed to mean something? It meant nothing when Hitler said the same and Stalin as well. Just because the CCP wants something doesn't mean it is right.

20. kanariya

kanariya Member

No it's not. 1.4 billion have been in life long brainwash. Everything around them are being suppressed. They have no access to Google, facebook or any other open social/news platforms without VPN which is illegal in China. They have no freedom of speech. You don't hear anything from the chinese citizen are because they are under heavy monitor and suppression. Try looking anything bad for china in Baidu, you get nothing. Try look up 1989 Tiananmen in Baidu. Try post anything anti gov in Weibo, you will be disappeared very soon. You can't even launch a website in China without getting a license from the gov. And they are now pushing the facial recognition cameras all the the cities. Once you did something and they flag you. you'll be arrested under 30 minutes. Couple years back Xi Jinping lifted the 2 terms limit for the president and people ain't ok with that. But what can they do? When you've never had freedom, you don't know the value of it. It's why people in Hong Kong are fighting. China is taking away their freedom. Before the promised 50 years of one country two system.

Nook and fchowd0311 like this.