1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People in Mainland China ... We good now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sheb, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You are really the cream of the crop in your peers.

That girl's press conference.

2. TheresTheDagger

I couldn't disagree more. Maybe in terms of the final outcome of HK you might be right. That remains to be seen. But you have to admit this sure woke up a bunch of Americans to just how insidiously the chinese govt has infiltrated our own freedoms in ways we weren't even aware of.

You know and I know that the coaches, management, players and ownership as well as league leadership are all very conflicted at the moment but have to pretend they aren't. Literally, they can't say what's on their minds over HERE because of this. That's scary.

Apple computer just yesterday bowed down to CCP pressure to remove an app the protestors were using. They also removed the Tiwanese flag emoji from their phones.

Marriott hotels fired an employee merely for innocently liking a post about Tibet.

Google creates a platform that the chinese govt uses to censor its own population.

Intellectual property has been pirated by China for DECADES now costing US businesses tens if not hundreds of billions over that time. That costs all of us tax revenue, jobs, and prosperity.

Personally, I'm sick of pretending that we have a "good" relationship with China. No other country gets away with as much **** against us as they do. I'm actually happy the NBA got bit. They deserve it for ignoring who they do business with.

3. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Yes, those also sound like repression to me. "Whatabout" arguments don't change the truth.

Fansince80 and malakas like this.
  4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Thank you, China, for helping us silly Americans better understand the minority that you are trying to ethnically cleanse.

malakas likes this.
  5. kanariya

kanariya Member

If you want to talk about the girl who got shot blind on 8/11. Check out below HQ image and video. A bean bag round is clearly strucked in her goggle. She is keeping silent with reasons you might not know. She's having her attorney to handle the situation. Usually when you want to sue someone you don't make all the information public. Also the Indonesian journalist got shot blind had clear video that the police fired rubber bullet at her but I guess you will ignore that.

[Graphic content warning]
    https://hk.news.appledaily.com/local/realtime/article/20190812/59925313
    [Graphic content warning]
    https://thestandnews.com/politics/請廣傳-高清影片證爆眼少女眼罩上有布袋彈/

For 8/31 event, there was communication record from Fire Dept that there were 10 casualties (6 red, 2 yellow, 2 green) and the Hospital only have record for 7 (3 red, 2 yellow, 2 green). People don't just heal from red and if they refuse to go to hospital they need to sign a refusal of care form yet no record to be found. The whole situation was complex. Police shut down the station for 2 days and refused any first-aids to go in for rescue. It's why people got suspicious and demand the CCTV footage to be released but MTR refused.

And for dead bodies, so many reports of suicide since early September. From jumping off buildings (mostly male and not much bleeding around the bodies) to floating bodies recovered from the shore (mostly female and many of them were naked). All of those were labeled not suspicious by the police. I guess we will never know what happened to those.

Like I said it was a 2 sided story. She provoked and both side turned physical. She kicked and got bunched back.
    I agree nobody has the right to disrupt other people's lives but the gov is doing a **** job to try to calm the situation.

6. TheresTheDagger

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

And I never said it did.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You meant to say :

All these posters came all the way from China to CF and keep fighting for their country and beliefs, and stand with lies.

And now their government is going to tell them to STFU?

Wow.

[​IMG]

#250 Texanasiafan, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Fansince80, malakas, apollo33 and 2 others like this.
  11. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

That’s news from NOW TV they are known to be biased and the first pic and second pic clearly tells the story. The google and a piece of nylon is staged. The crack area and the way google is wore on the face says the shot was fire from below her face. That day the police station was closed and police were shooting tear gas from the balcony. Which is at a higher ground.

Like I said used logic and common sense.

If this happens in China I may incline to believe some truth, but not in HK.

If you believe everything you read and doesn’t check the source or question the logic then you are no different than much roaches.

12. TheresTheDagger

Your posts make me think of Morpheus offering Neo the "Red pill". Right now, you've been swallowing the blue pill your whole life.

[​IMG]

smp likes this.
  13. kanariya

kanariya Member

What makes the police statement has to be 100% true? They've been covering up for all their action since the start. Now you're just rejecting fact with video proof. Who cares what the footage source is if it's raw unedited footage? So what do you watch? Global times? or People's daily? If you are true neutral you will watch all news sources and the live feed to find out what really happened. You are the one who should use some common sense.

Screen grab from the video.
    [​IMG]

High res image.
    [​IMG]

And an image of bean bag round for reference.
    [​IMG]

I know you will come up with other excuses to not believe what you see so whatever.

malakas likes this.
  14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

There are some whom did not swallow the blue pill.

Like this one : Cui Jian - The father of rock in China.

Whose not fear to write songs to express the feeling of the young generation : 30 some years ago.

He even used a red cloth to cover his eyes when singing - a very strong and symbolic picture in that era because RED means communist.

But now this kind of voice are almost completely gone, because when economy grows bigger, more values like this are gone faster.

[​IMG]

malakas likes this.
  15. AirPower

AirPower Member

To me it is pretty simple.

The NBA takes positions on all sorts of things that are in the political sphere domestically. Hell they moved the All Star game due to a bathroom bill (among other positions they have taken).

We seem to be at odds with the Chinese government over what _we_ see as human rights violations (and quite frankly, human rights violations are nothing new in China). So, either we take a principled position against human rights violations and stand by it _along_ with the consequences, or we only worry about profits. BTW- either position is understandable as long as we are consistent.... we can't have it both ways just because of convenience or profits.

China and the Chinese populace clearly have a different opinion, they don't believe the same thing we believe, so we are at an impasse.

Our decision is, do we take a stand against against human rights violations (which Morey at least did to some extent on Twitter), or do we not worry about it. Personally, I am highly against selling my principles to the highest bidder, so I say we take whatever stand we deem necessary consequences be damned (much like China did.... they took a stand consequences be damned).

And, in regards to Morey being fired.... hell no. I don't care if no NBA games ever get broadcast in China again. Don't sacrifice Morey because someone didn't like his damned tweet.

#255 AirPower, Oct 10, 2019
    Madmanmetz likes this.
  16. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

There are quite of few people who tries to make China a big evil empire every chance they have based on whatever information they believed in. You are entitled to your opinion and we entitled to ours. However the Hong Kong situation is very sensitive and serious matter and I hope no one would take the opportunity to prey on the innocent people of Hong Kong to further their agendas.

17. AirPower

AirPower Member

That's just the nature of the world, just like there are plenty of people who make America out to be a big evil empire (both foreign and domestic).

Unfortunately there are a lot of subjective opinions involved, rarely is any one person fully aware of the entire situation. The best we can do is form opinions based on the limited information we have or don't form an opinion at all.

People in China believe what they believe, and they're out there trying to live a decent life and support their families just like we are doing here... there's nothing _evil_ about that or the people there.

I don't think what we are discussing here is anyone preying on the innocent people of Hong Kong to further an agenda, it's just a private citizen expressing an opinion that apparently the Chinese Government took great offense to. I would like to think the US government wouldn't respond the same way to a private Chinese citizen tweeting support for protesters, because we have domestic citizens loudly voice opinions against our government on a daily basis... as they are free to do.

Two different countries though, doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong, we just have different values which are currently at odds. We should stand by our values, as China and its people should stand by there's. If that means no NBA games being broadcast or played in China.... so be it.... there are more important things in the world than being able to watch a NBA game and the associated profit.

#257 AirPower, Oct 10, 2019
  18. idshiy

idshiy Member

19. idshiy

idshiy Member

20. malakas

malakas Member

Clutchfans is paid by the american government to spread anti-china propaganda. We are all bots here and only you are real.

REEKO_HTOWN and tmoney1101 like this.