1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Penis theft panic hits city

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Lil

Lil Contributing Member

Not sure whether to laugh or cry at this.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN2319603620080423

Penis theft panic hits city..
    Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:06pm EDT

By Joe Bavier

KINSHASA (Reuters) - Police in Congo have arrested 13 suspected sorcerers accused of using black magic to steal or shrink men's penises after a wave of panic and attempted lynchings triggered by the alleged witchcraft.

Reports of so-called penis snatching are not uncommon in West Africa, where belief in traditional religions and witchcraft remains widespread, and where ritual killings to obtain blood or body parts still occur.

Rumors of penis theft began circulating last week in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo's sprawling capital of some 8 million inhabitants. They quickly dominated radio call-in shows, with listeners advised to beware of fellow passengers in communal taxis wearing gold rings.

Purported victims, 14 of whom were also detained by police, claimed that sorcerers simply touched them to make their genitals shrink or disappear, in what some residents said was an attempt to extort cash with the promise of a cure.

"You just have to be accused of that, and people come after you. We've had a number of attempted lynchings. ... You see them covered in marks after being beaten," Kinshasa's police chief, Jean-Dieudonne Oleko, told Reuters on Tuesday.

Police arrested the accused sorcerers and their victims in an effort to avoid the sort of bloodshed seen in Ghana a decade ago, when 12 suspected penis snatchers were beaten to death by angry mobs. The 27 men have since been released.

"I'm tempted to say it's one huge joke," Oleko said.

"But when you try to tell the victims that their penises are still there, they tell you that it's become tiny or that they've become impotent. To that I tell them, 'How do you know if you haven't gone home and tried it'," he said.

Some Kinshasa residents accuse a separatist sect from nearby Bas-Congo province of being behind the witchcraft in revenge for a recent government crackdown on its members.

"It's real. Just yesterday here, there was a man who was a victim. We saw. What was left was tiny," said 29-year-old Alain Kalala, who sells phone credits near a Kinshasa police station.

(Editing by Nick Tattersall and Mary Gabriel)

2. dookiester

dookiester Member

no wonder mine is so small.

3. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

:eek: Someone please pick my jaw up off the floor.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I guess that explains what happened to Andrei Kirilenko...

5. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

what do they mean disappear?............... ........ .... ... .. .

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I guess that's always an excuse you can use when you sleep with a woman for the first time.

"Sorry baby, but I was the victim of a penis snatching a few years back. Luckily they only shrunk it and it didn't completely disappear."

7. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Mine is too big for them to carry :)

8. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Some guy was selling it. I had to buy it off him. He wanted twenty-two bucks, but I talked him down to seventeen.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's more common than you might think.

It's sometimes referred to as.....

......[wait for it]........

MARRIAGE

10. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I took it home, washed it off, and put it back on. I was happy again.

11. Isabel

Isabel Member

sounds like a good excuse those of you who are underendowed might want to use.

12. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NSFW

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/byDiILrNbM4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/byDiILrNbM4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

14. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

don't listen to this witch. If you are underendowed, you don't need excuses anymore. All you need is to paypal me $19.95* for your answer to happiness...Extenze, which promises to add to that certain part of the male anatomy. Act NOW! and I'll send you, not one, not two, but three months supply**.

<font size=1>* your first and only initial payment of our easy payment plan.<br>** based on recent data of how often respondents have sex in a three month period before purchasing</size>