1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Peja Novakic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ooliverb1, May 23, 2007.

1. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

If Novak becomes Turkoglu i'd definitely be happy!

2. Panda

Panda Member

We've got T-Mac in Greece and Peja in Marquette. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Great, next we trade them for Kobe in LA.

3. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

I will be disappointed if all Novak amounts to is Stojackovich. :mad:

4. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

you watch the game where novak scored 41 on uconn?

5. alex_jr

alex_jr Member

You'll be disappointed if all Novak amounts to is a 3-time All-star by age 27?

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Why is ScamFisher always so bitter and angry? :confused: :confused:

And why does ScamFisher keep stalking DaDakota?

Watching ScamFisher post is like watching a little poodle that would like to be a bull terrier.

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

lol... true

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Dude, Turkoglu is GOT GAME.. I would most definitely be happy.

But I doubt Novak can be as good as Turkoglu.

9. alex_jr

alex_jr Member

That would be the same Greece Peja played in for 4 years and got noticed enough in order to be a 14th pick in the draft?

10. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Call me crazy, but I have this feeling that Novak is still gonna be buried deep in the bench next season.

11. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Agreed - a player who can shoot consistently has a place in the NBA. Head is no point guard , ball handler, has poor basketball mindset skills- playmaking and is a poor defender-many here like him.-He is a consistent shooter and contributes- except at playoff time...

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The funny thing is he comes in, leaps to a conclusion, makes a point based on that leap, and then gets personal.

And usually.

1. The conclusion is incorrect and based upon leaps of faith.
    2. Therefore the point is moot
    3. The name calling ridiculous
    4. And he comes off looking bad.

And this consistently happens.

DD

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

There is no comparison between Novak and Peja. You may as well compare Snyder to Kobe. If Novak approaches Hedo TurkeyGlue I'll be very happy. When it comes to moving without the ball, Novak does that indeed. It's just that he looks lost and there is no purpose to his movement. If Adelman fixes that, great.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i'll be happy if he can score 6 points a game for us and not look like a r****ded chicken running around with his head cut off.

15. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Compare that to DaDakota's posting mode:

1. Posting a bizarre, bold, and extremely unlikely prediction.
    2. Demanding that the coach test his prediction.
    3. When the coach tests his prediction and shows it wrong, demanding it get more time.
    4. Flooding the board with repeats and variations of that prediction.
    5. Demanding that the coach be fired because he didn't test his prediction enough.
    6. Arguing with anyone who posts anything differently at any point in the day or night.

But at least you're polite about it.

16. DaDakota

We may disagree but at least respect the others person's point of view......being polite is far more important than being right, IMO.

DD

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why do I have the impression that every thread becomes a battle ground between DaDakota and SamFisher?

Back to topic. Novak is more than a spot up shooter. His college footage shows that he can shoot off the dribble and off the screen. And he can shoot turnarounds too. Given experience, he may be as good a defender as Peja (which isn't much).

That said, the biggest difference between him and Peja is the release. He seems to have a slow release. Peja can hit a shot with very little separation. The ability to get your shots off is often what separate stars from role players in the NBA. The defense is a lot faster in the NBA than in college. That's why few people project Reddick to be an NBA star even though he was unstoppable in college.

However, if for nothing, Novak can contribute as a reliable spot up shooter because a shooter like him can certainly contribute offensively on a team with two guys who command double-team.

18. DaDakota

Not every one, and I know this one won't maybe we should just ignore each other for the good of the board.

That is interesting, so you are saying they need more space to get their shot off because of their slow release? I thought both of them were thought of as quick release guys coming into the NBA.....gonna have to look that up.

EDIT: Steve Novak
    NBA Draft profile on Steve Novak

Here is what they said

"His shooting mechanics are picture perfect; featuring a solid release point, an ultra quick release, and decent elevation on his jump shot. That, combined with his outstanding height, makes him a difficult player to fully contain on the perimeter, as he gets his shot off with very little space and is a threat from well beyond the NBA three point arc thanks to his deep range"

EDIT: JJ Reddick
    JJ Reddick draft report

Here is what they said, "The best shooter in college basketball. Range goes well beyond the NBA 3 point line. Deadly coming off of picks due to his quick release and elevation. Can also get his shot off over defenders because of his quick trigger.

I agree, but I think he is more than a spot up shooter, especially with Adelman as the coach.

DD

#58 DaDakota, May 24, 2007
    Last edited: May 24, 2007
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

BTW, Novak WAS Peja in Marquette. But I doubt that VSpan was really T-Mac in Greece.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

DaDakota maybe you and your good bbs friends like Jackie CHiles and Amel can chair a roundtable discussion on how mean I am. And then you can sit around and diagram picks and rolls and email them to Rick Adelman.

P.S., you joined the thread after I did, in order to whine about me arguing with you, apparently. I have no doubt that you enjoy this just as much as you enjoyed having your "olive branch" spank you in the ass, so stop being such a baby. Shut up and take your ridicule like a man. It's why you post right?