1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Peeing at the urinal: Which direction do you look?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Mar 14, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

yearight

in grade school, we had those long troughs, and from time to time some would stand at one end and see who could hit the far end.

When you're that young, you dont much know(care?) about the "no lookin at my junk thing" when it comes to contests such as this. ;)

and for the record, straight ahead and up at a 45 degree angle once aim-lock is achieved.

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Haha! I forgot the "long distance" variation of that!

Good times.

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

This thread is huhlarious...

I love the "stall men" thing...one time my mom told me that my dad never stands up when he pees...and never, ever ever uses urinals. I guess I should be shocked or grossed out by the fact she shared that info with me, but I just think it's amusing...

4. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Grade school? Wait. You guys don't still do those things with your co-workers in the office? [Hides.]

5. cson

cson Contributing Member

Peeing at a urinal I look down.
    Pooing at a urinal I look straight ahead.

That reminds me, I head a guy from Britain pronounce it "your-EYE-nel." Weird Focker.

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

No, don't believe this. If there's a row of 10 and there is one guy at the one closest to the door, and nobody else in there, you will skip at least one urinal. You're not going to stand right beside him just for the sake of being 2 inches closer to the door when there are 8 other open urinals and only you and him in the room.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Well, you could, but eventually, someone will pee on you.

8. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

Where are you pissing where the urinals are 2 inches apart? lol

Believe me or not, but I don't think about it at all. I go to the closest one. Maybe a 1 urinal buffer if I just happen to think about it at the time. But I will not go out of my way what so ever to make sure no dude looks at my johnson.

You guys that are so worried about this probably leave a seat in between you and your buddy at the theater too. lol.

The point I'm trying to make is that why waste the time. Go in, piss......leave.

Makes for great thread material granted.

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah i had always remembered the vertical version of the contest but not the horizontal one. if you ever did make it over the edge you always felt a strange mix of guilt that you peed on the floor and someone would have to clean it up and pride that you had made it over. mostly pride though.

well it's not possible to use the middle one b/c it violates rule #1, which is a far more important rule; therefore, you have to use the kiddie one. the other person won't say it of course, but he thanks you for your sacrifice.

you don't waste time. urinal selection should be a finely honed skill at this point in a man's life, and should include the ability to make split second decisions on which rules to follow and how they could affect a future selector's ability to follow said rules. you make the selection while walking up and if you do happen to pick wrong and realize it at the last second, you can't change, because that would be to acknowledge that the urinal code exists, and much like fight club, you don't talk about urinal code (at least not in the bathroom, only on clutchfans).

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Lol, remember the horseshoe troughs with the metal bar on the floor to step on to spray water?

11. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

It's got nothing to do with being afraid someone's going to look at your package. It's simply a matter of personal space.

Would you sit on the same side of a booth with a friend if the other side were empty? If you're talking to a co-worker in the hallway, do you stand inches away from him? When you're in line for movie tickets, do you creep up as close as possible to the person in front of you?

Standing shoulder to shoulder with a man you don't even know is awkward enough as it is. The fact that you both happen to be holding your johnsons while you're standing shoulder to shoulder makes it even more uncomfortable. It's common courtesy to give a guy some space while he's taking a piss if you ask me.

12. twinmemory

twinmemory Member

i realized today while peeing that the angle of my head tends to be inversely proportional to the degree of relief

13. mbiker

mbiker Member

I can find it with no problem, I don’t have to look down.