1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PC] So... A Diablo 3 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Acedude, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

from all the streams and vids i've seen so far, i'm definitely starting with the wizard first, then barb

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Holy crap, they must've raised the price on that game. I thought I bought it for something like $9.99. The game is fun, but then it just becomes repetitious. Even the dungeons just start repeating over and over. This is the original Torchlight, I'm talking about.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I beat it on Xbox; it wasn't $20 -- maybe $15 tops. It was fun, but by the end I just wanted it to be over. It definitely wasn't Diablo, but it was a decent distraction while waiting. If they don't figure out how to port part 2 over to 360 it'll be a megafail. (I heard they're running into memory issues or some such...which is borderline comedic with all of the incredibly graphic intensive games on xbox)

4. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

I believe it was $20 from the beginning on the PC. I know it's been cheaper on Steam -- it was on one of their $5 promotional things -- but they certainly haven't raised the priced. That would be a really dumb idea on their part.

And yeah, it did get repetitious. I wasn't really interested in playing through more than once. Of course, I got tired of Diablo 2 as well... but in any case, it looks like the second Torchlight will be bigger and better, and we know for sure it'll have online multiplayer going for it.

From all I've heard, porting it to the 360 is very likely the next thing they'll do. But first they have to get the PC version out... and who knows at this point if it'll beat D3 to the punch? Bad timing on their part.

5. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

This look much better than Diablo 3. The more I see Diablo 3 the more disappointed I am with it. First of all the design look a bit cartoony. It's like these guys came from Disney school of art. Even the game play is pretty linear. Hardly any weight to the movements at all. Running, stopping and turning is pretty linear. I hate it when they are pivoted in one place like they are on some spinning wheel. I hated with newer games nowadays that let the character foot slide around. Instead of giving a proper animation they just become lazy and let it slide. Not even climbing onto something pretty much show these guys doesn't have any creativity. How about giving a variety type of death instead of monsters exploding all the freaking time. I understand they are sticking with Diablo 2 that people loved. But the game play is just same boring crap hack and slash. Even some of the moves and spells doesn't match the characteristic of each characters. Monsters and creatures are also poorly design. This is turning out exactly like Starcraft 2. Same old stuff but better graphics.

6. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Sorry dude, but Torchlight 2 look like a freaking cartoon made for a Wii for kids.

7. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

Umm... okay. But graphics in this type of game really don't concern me very much. I'd be fine if they released D3 with the same graphics engine as D2 and just revised the gameplay and made new quests. I think the Torchlight graphics are fine.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Why don't they just sell it as a two-disc game...

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I just checked. I got it for $9.99 back in December of 2009 on Steam. It's going for $14.99 now.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Who knows; maybe they want it to be another Arcade title.

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

The skill calculator is up with runes and passives. It does not look like all the classes are fully fleshed out. I'm all in on the Necromancer 2.0 (Witchhunter) for group pvp though. They seem like great support.

If all the gear is tradeable between characters like previous Diablos (Has there been word on that for inferno level difficulty gear?), I might pick something else for PVE to farm though*.

I can only play pet classes for so long before getting tired of having to deal with the extra chore of "pet-sitting". What is initially a blessing eventually becomes a burden.

*It is a given that I will have at least one of each class. Except Demon Hunter - it looks boring to me, but admittedly it does not have all its abilities yet.,

12. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

(**Witch Doctor** not Witchhunter) :mad:

13. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

will play in this order:
    Wizard, Barb, Monk, DH and finally WD

rumor is that closed beta is this week, i dug out all my blizzard game titles and registered them to my bnet account, hopefully that'll drive my chances of being chosen higher... though realistically, i doubt it

14. ogretrunks

ogretrunks Member

Here's my order

Wiz or DH then WD/Monk/Barb

Its a toss up between Wiz and DH as Wiz disintegrate looks good + teleport
    while DH is a rogue/hunter hybrid with pets and preparation. Not to mention
    the hatred and discipline interaction looks intriguing.

WD looks to be a powerful support and maybe the necro counterpart?

The monk looks to be the paladin with the mantra's renamed as auras while the barb is well the improved d2 barb. I may be wrong though ^^

15. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Monk can pick up:
    Lethal Decoy - Simulacrum: 75 spirit rez "buff" that lasts for 26 seconds.
    Serenity - Ascension: 35 spirit buff that gives Immune to all for 6.5 seconds. (60cd)
    Near Death Experience - Passive: Free rez (90cd)

Whichever dev designed the monk must have died quite often, "I am so sick of corpse runs... YAAARGH! Not again! OJSDFLKJDF Again?!?! OK, time to tweak the skill list, boys."

16. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I take it back. I just found my first character. Demon Gold-Hunter.

Companion - Ferret Companion(Alabaster Runestone): Summons ferrets instead of a raven. The ferrets collect gold for you and increase gold found on monsters by 40%.

17. aghast

aghast Member

Huh. Might have to pick this up.

Sounds like this computer simulation will really add some spice back into continuing chapters of my Kodo/Podo Beastmaster slashfic.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uNdGn-9W0ZY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

Closed Public Beta is LIVE. Doesn't look like the beta keys are sent out yet, so get your F5 keys ready.

Some have claimed you get your keys on your Battle.net account hours before they appear in your email.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/3542796#blog

19. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

refreshing my account page every few minutes... the amount of idiocy asked on the d3 forums is amazing... how those morons who obviously have never played diablo yet have access to the closed beta is just astonishing...

loyal blizzard customer here, i feel sad

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah I bought every Blizzard game except Warcraft 1 and 2. :(