1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PC] So... A Diablo 3 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Acedude, Aug 1, 2011.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Played online via ps3 the other night. Some guy led us on a key warden battles and once that was done he took us to some unicorn level outside of Tristam.

mind blown.

2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I found it pretty quick too, but haven't seen it since. 2.1 is pretty fun. If you got the Hoarder leg gem make sure to put it in a jewelry socket. You will be mega rich in no time. THat thing makes gold drop like rain. I started playing a season Crusader. Love that I can level him thru bounties and rifts and such.

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

2.1 is absolutely amazing. It injected a lot of life into the game just as I finally thought I was going to step back from it for awhile.
    • Greater Rifts give you a goal to shoot for after you've conquered T6 difficulty
    • Legendary gems are pretty cool
    • Treasure realm is teh awesome
    • 1 rift fragment cost to enter a rift makes it so that players aren't so heavily taxed for wanting to play solo
    • Hellfire amulet makes the uber quest worth doing again
    • Removal of awful guaranteed affixes from many legendaries is a godsend... less items that are auto-salvage makes me much more excited to see a beam than I was before
    • Addition of lots of legendary affixes make things more interesting and more builds possible
    • Buff to 2-handed weapons makes them viable again
    • Seasons... actually I don't care about seasons, but they're there if you're into that
    • [Barb] Raekor set now great due to Furious Charge buffs and new Vile Ward
    • [Monk] Buffs to Monkey King's Garb and Epiphany make Monk awesome and fun like he's never been before for me
    • [Wiz] New Firebird set turns Wizard from damage also-ran into top-tier damage dealer
    • [Wiz] Tons of buffs to cold abilities makes freeze wiz worth playing again
    • [WD] Fetish counters and the fixing of the FA/FS summon bug make pet doctor both more powerful, and infinitely less annoying to manage.

Not a whole lot left that I would change. Tweaks yes... like pet toughness needs a bump, Jailer affix needs a damage nerf, Kadala needs to let you gamble specific weapon types... but those are all little things. Awesome, awesome patch.

Combine Hoarder Gem with Goldwrap = totally unfair. Doesn't work in greater rifts (thankfully), but it's awesome and hilarious for regular rifts. Nothing like walking around with a toughness rating in the billions.

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

^^^On PS3 it's 5 instead of one required for rift openings. What a bunch of bs.

5. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

Yeah, it was the same for PC before 2.1. That'll change for consoles when the patch hits them... just not sure when that will be.

6. Drexlerfan22

Unfortunately I don't think there will even be patches for PS3 or 360. Not sure if it's a confirmed no... but they only ever mentioned patching for PS4 & XB1.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15157764/patch-support-confirmed-for-ps4™-and-xbox-one™-8-11-2014

7. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Yeah Blizzard said the patching process on the ps3 and 360 is too much work, but it has improved greatly on the current gen consoles

8. Christopher

Christopher Member

Been smashing this game on the XBone. It's great. I was just getting to a point where I'd pretty much done all of the interesting stuff in the game and loot was not all that great any more. The upgrade they did today seems to have fixed that a little though. Picked up a few very cool items and triggered a few random things which was pretty cool.

9. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

Public service announcement for those who have Diablo 3 on either PS4 or Xbox One: Blizzard just today pushed out the 2.1 update for these consoles that the PC has been running for a little over a month. It's definitely game-changing, so if you had put the game down, you might want to pick it up again and check out the changes. Drexlerfan22 has a nice bullet summary of 2.1 above.

10. Christopher

Christopher Member

Was just looking at the update features. It sounds great.

I'm smashing Destiny still but it's good to know when I go back to diablo there will be new features to try out.

11. Drexlerfan22

For you console D3 players, the next week is a great time to hop on:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14728823674#1

...double treasure goblin spawns (for PS4/XB1)! They did this for PC when they deployed 2.1 as well. Now you have double the chance to find a portal to the treasure realm, which besides just being a fun little area, drops the Boon of the Hoarder legendary gem (which effectively gives you infinite gold... I get more than 10mil gold per rift with it equipped).

Keep in mind, treasure realm portal can only spawn in adventure mode, and cannot spawn in rifts. So you have to hunt goblins while doing bounties.

Also there was a "bug" in the original 2.1 where Halls of Agony level 2 had a 100% chance to spawn a goblin (or this week, 2 goblins). They've probably fixed that for the console patch, but can't hurt to check.

12. Drexlerfan22

PSA: Another new patch, 2.1.2, incoming soon (current guess is the 13th, if not then, almost certainly the 20th).

They also say that at this point, they are aiming to deploy the patch on PC & consoles simultaneously, though it's still possible there may be a slight delay from PC to console.

Some more pretty cool things in this one. You can read the entire list of test realm changes here, or you can read my shortened list below of things I consider noteworthy:
    • "Ancient" items being added. These are legendary items that are the same as the existing ones, but have 20-30% boosted main stats and damage. They have only a 3% drop chance compared to the "regular" versions, so don't expect to get Ancient items in every slot anytime soon.
    • New types of goblins. There will be one that drops a ton of crafting materials, one that drops tons of gems, one that drops blood shards, and another super-rare one that has a high chance to drop multiple legendaries and is extra-hard to kill. These are in addition to the current regular and rainbow goblins.
    • The chances of the rarest items dropping has been increased via elimination of the "10%" tier. Meaning previously, the most common legendaries had a "100%" drop rate, then there was a 50% tier of items, a 25% tier, and a 10% tier (things like Kridershot, Starmetal Kukri, Furnace, etc). 10% is going away. All 10%s will be moved to the 25% likelihood to drop tier.
    • Stack sizes of gems & crafting materials increased from 1000 to 5000.
    • The layout of the act 1 town has been changed to no longer suck donkey balls.
    • Greater rift damage scaling is being revamped (read: easier). Enemy health will stay the same, but enemy damage scaling will be greatly reduced past level 25. They are try to make sure high-level greater rifts don't quickly become a game of "try not to get 1-shotted" like they are now.
    • You no longer resurrect at checkpoint when you die in greater rifts. Instead, you resurrect at corpse, but the delay before you can respawn increases with each death.
    • Rifts will now be more densely packed with monsters, and will have less dead-ends.
    • Keystone of trials no longer trolls you with a star on your map.
    • Corrupted Angels no longer have damage shields.
    • Extra Health elite pack affix no longer exists.
    • A couple new, awesome legendary gems which, unfortunately, will begin as season-only items. One massively decreases damage taken from all non-physical attacks, the other gives you massive gobs of life regen.
    • Changes made to Furious Charge Barbarian set. Currently the set is god vs large crowds and embarrassingly crap vs single targets. Changes attempt to make the single-target damage slightly less pathetic by adding a large damage-over-time effect and also doubling the damage against the first target hit.
    • Major changes to sentry Demon Hunter end-game set. Discipline-gaining passive turned into a Hatred regen passive, and the current set which is based around sentries firing all your hatred-spending attacks independently now instead makes them fire said attacks whenever you do, while also boosting your own damage. In other words, it's a nerf because you can no longer sit back and let the sentries do all the work, but it's a buff when you're actually firing.
    • Big change to explosion-Monk end-game set. Damage previously was based almost entirely on a "holy explosion," now they are adjusting the damage to whichever damage element you prefer, reducing the explosion damage by 2/3rds, and giving your own attacks a 500% damage boost to compensate for the loss. This kills mantra-spamming builds (my favorite), but admittedly opens up more build possibilities, and is probably a buff on balance.

Not bad at all for a "minor" patch. I'm particularly looking forward to ancient items, the "super-rare" items being less rare, and the new goblins. And the stack size increase is a godsend from a quality-of-life perspective.

13. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

The layout change for act 1 will be a welcomed change. I hated popping into a game and then needing to hit the jeweler and having run all the way to him. I would avoid the town for that reason alone.

14. Drexlerfan22

Another PSA: The patch was indeed deployed this past Tuesday, and it was deployed for all platforms.

There's also a double goblins buff for 1 week starting tomorrow to celebrate the new year and the patch being deployed. So it's an extra-great time to jump in.

You can see my bullet-list a few posts up if you want more detail, but I'm really happy with the patch. Goblin packs in rifts seem far more frequent, and with the new types they are way more rewarding. Ancient items also adds another layer of excitement... even some "bad" items can be good if you happen to get an Ancient version.

And the Monk and the Demon Hunter... my god, the Monk and the Demon Hunter. They're both god-tier damage dealers now. Demon Hunter now has the best burst damage potential of any class, though they admittedly nerfed their survivability quite a bit at the same time. Kind of the same thing with Monks actually... the new design of the exploding set doesn't allow for defensive mantra buff spamming anymore, so the survivability is a bit less, but the damage man... the damage... my other characters are kinda jealous. Dex classes FTW in this patch.