1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PC] So... A Diablo 3 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Acedude, Aug 1, 2011.

1. REA

REA Contributing Member

If I'm going to spend hours playing it, wouldn't it be nice to make a few bucks from it anyways? If I can get even 5 bucks a month from something that I'm playing for fun, its win/win. Anyways, it's a system that you don't have to use and just go with the in-game currency model.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've downloaded D2 not too long ago for nostalgic reasons. It's way too easy to finish that game with the Barbarian. Never played D2 online though. I did play D1 on battlenet and enjoyed PKing everyone, stealing their stash and leaving LOL.

Eventually I got bored out of my mind by D2 because all it is, is constant clicking. No real strategy. Just Leroy Jenkins it and hope for the best.

3. REA

REA Contributing Member

Yeah from what I remember, certain specs were way overpowering and it was a pain to be unique. I tried to level a shockadin and you couldn't get through Nightmare with it, while with other classes (fire mage, Javelin Amazon) were just point and click = win.

4. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

I guess you haven't been a victim of Iron Maiden, the bane of countless HC Barbs.

And Diablo is all about the loots :grin:

5. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

Part of the fun was trying out different builds too. I remember making a melee Sorc that maxed out enchant and energy shield, with enough STR to equip some overpowered Runeword 2H weapon, and just meleed through Hell difficulty with a merc :grin: was kinda squishy, but it was fun as hell.

6. Garner

Garner Member

An account stash. Very exciting.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

freeze adin was a much more viable option, plus a lot more party friendly. The shockadin really needed right gear to last past normal. Maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 5 years I'll reinstall and start it up again because I wanted to play a weird build (blade fury assassin, tornado druid).

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hmm... this has gone from a "no brainer, must get" game to a "I'll have to wait and see what it's like" game. I really don't care about multiplayer, to be honest, so I hope the single player is at least a "clickfest of fun".

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If you're buying Diablo just for the single player then you really shouldn't be buying it at all.
    The only Blizzard games that focus heavily on lore are the Warcraft and Starcraft series.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I tend to decide what I find enjoyable, but thanks for the opinion. :)

Diablo was my refuge away from real RPG's. The single player clickfest was a blast.

11. RedRedemption

No, I'm not trying to shape your opinion lol. I'm just saying that they don't really focus on single player modes. :p

12. Mute3427

Mute3427 Member

There is no difference in the content from single to multi. If you want to play singleplayer put a password on your game :p

13. Raven

Raven Member

cl$ck, cl$ck, cl$ck, cl$ck, cl$ck, cl$ck, cl$ck, cl$ck, cl$ck, cl$ck, cl$ck, cl$ck, cl$ck, cl$ck, cl$ck, cl$ck,

:rolleyes:

14. dback816

dback816 Member

This is probably my only complaint about the game.

PKing people back in Chaos Sanctuary was just glorious ...can't believe that's gone now....

15. gezza

gezza Member

My problem with the real world auction house is slippery slope.

I can see myself playing the game with stern determination not to spend a cent on virtual items. Then one day I'll spend 5 hours farming a particular item and failing...so I'll take a peek at the auction house. Ahhh... only $3! So little money...I'll just do it this one time. And after that, I'll have less resistance the second time...and so on.

16. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I'm a "SP only" guy. I suppose the "always online" DRM doesn't really bother me (I'll likely have onine access most of the time), but I really don't like this type of DRM. It isn't really necessary, probably doesn't really stop piracy, and just ends up hurting gamers that actually bought the game. Disappointed that Blizzard is going this route.

Actually not really fond of a few Blizzard decisions. As much as I enjoyed Diablo 2, maybe I'll just stick to boycotting them. Plenty of other great games to play. Yeah, waited a long time for Diablo 3, but I'm not into it as much as others. And I'd rather look forward to playing Dark Souls, or whatever developers like Atlus or CDPR (who actually goes out of their way to remove DRM to improve the user experience) has up their sleeve. Sorry Blizzard.

(I'll probably change my mind later of course).

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

you should have a royal crown and think about it.

18. RedRedemption

There are going to be so many newbies joining up on runs and ninja-ing all the loot lol.
    Its gonna suck for the first few days.

19. ogretrunks

ogretrunks Member

Now thats a realistic approach hehe.

20. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

I seem to recall hearing something about a per-person loot system, where everyone got their own drops that no one else could pick up.