1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PC NBA 2k14 50% off (29.99)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kwakmeister, Oct 3, 2013.

1. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

2. killakim

killakim Member

It's only 50 percent off because it has a lot less features

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

It retails for $29.99, not a sale really. GMG had it for $22.50 like yesterday or the day before. I'm holding off for next gen.

probably not worth the extra money over nba 2k13.

4. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

^^^^^ Good point, I didn't know gamestop has it for $30. Steam said all 2k games were 50% off... this seems to be an exclusion, it should be $15 and its not

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Lies... all lies!

6. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

How is the game anyways? I heard it's exactly the same as 2k13

7. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'd argue PC gamers should have no interest in buying NBA2k games at all until it's clear they consider PC an actual platform. Last year they released a console patch with a number of important improvements (particularly fixing the game-breaking AI rebound deficit between teammates and opponents) and completely declined to translate those fixes to the PC. I still rather enjoy 2k13 on PC, but I don't really want to drop more money to repeat the experience.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I've been playing on Xbox, I really like the changes they've made to the controls (yeah, again)...but that's on an Xbox controller. I doubt I'd like playing on pc.

9. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Pretty sure you can just use a 360 controller with it on the PC, and it maps the same as the 360 version. What I did with 2K13. I'm assuming that works the same with 2K14.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

There are certain Xbox controllers you can use. The regular Xbox controller you buy doesn't work on pc.

11. RC Cola

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yep. I'm definitely not paying for a xbox controller to play a subpar release on my PC though. That's coming from a PC (eh, I'm both) gamer, there's a reason why I've never bought NBA 2Kx for it.
    Hell, I'm only renting for the 360. I'm phasing all this **** out, PS4 here I come.

13. RC Cola

Yeah, I bought a few of the past 2K releases, but only though those $10-$15 deals (and I was hoping maybe it would be different that year). Not really. With next-gen versions (hopefully at 1080p/60FPS), I don't really have much of a reason to bother with the PC version, even at a cheap price.

edit: Well...I guess some of the mods might have been nice, but I never really got into them.

14. Awesome

Awesome Member

The PC graphics poly count is doubled from last year

Also the gameplay drives this game. Graphic wise its not TOO much different than last year but the feel of the game is different, and the AI is smarter.

You can't cheese your way to wins and dribble in traffic or you'll lose the ball since it looser, and the players don't feel like theyre magnetized to eachother.

If you want to choose between PC and xbox/ps3, get the PC one. Cheaper and looks better im sure.