1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PC Gaming] Sim City User Created Cities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OrangeCountyCA, Nov 15, 2007.

Tags:
  1. OrangeCountyCA

I started playing Sim City 3000 about 7 years ago. I recently got back to playing it again. I'm still working on one of my favorite cities. It's named "Capitalville" which I started creating it 7 years ago. I am currently in year 2166 for this city, so I've spent a lot of time on it. Here's a few photos of Capitalville's Skyline.

Click on the images for a larger version.

Skyline
    [​IMG]

Zoomed out version
    [​IMG]

Zoomed in version
    [​IMG]

Please share / post a photo of your favorite Sim City (whether from Sim City 2000, Sim City 3000, or Sim City 4). Hopefully there are still people here that play Sim City... :)

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I've created some killer bases on StarCraft... but it's been years. No pics. :(

3. OrangeCountyCA

You mean something like this

[​IMG]

*I couldn't find a better picture of "starcraft base" online. :(

4. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Yep. I had some good set-ups. Had some in Dune II way back, and Dune 2000 as well. :cool:

And of course Star Wars Battlegrounds... ftw. ;)

5. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

thats nothing. replace those with the carrier makers, all upgraded and with cloak = domination. Just gotta watch the zerg rush though

6. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Awesome. I haven't played Sim City in so long but I do remember being obsessed a few years ago when in high school... nice 7 year investment!

7. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Too bad I don't have that old computer anymore... My best city ever was in SC2000. I had a city named Philadelphia (what? Houston has no zoning laws) that had a few hundred thousand people (or maybe close to a million? I don't remember anymore). I just remember that I did SOMETHING right, and that city was HUGE.

But as long as we're talking achievements, my highest Tetris score thus far is a little over 36 million. I decided to quit that game when a friend wanted to do something, so I suicided.

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

That's an ugly base. So many pylons and not enough gateways.. LOL

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I've been meaning to dig out -some- version of SimCity to get my building fix on. Thanks for reminding me!

10. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Hell I still pay Starcraft late nights online. I got back into it after seeing the trailers of SC2. I have to agree that the base above is pretty weak looking.

I never got really good at Sim City.

11. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

So, how will you ultimately destroy your city when you get tired of playing the game? I'd go with a Godzilla-like lizard creature. A meteor shower would be pretty cool, too. Of course, I've never played Sim City, so I'm not quite sure what kind of methods of destruction the game has...

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I used to be a big fan of Sim City back in the day. I remember the best city I ever managed ended up with around 200,000 citizens. That qualified me for Metropolis status, but I could never quite get up to Megalopolis status, which I believe was 500,000 citizens.

My trick was to leave the game running while I went to school. When I got back, sure there had been some plane crashes, fires, tornadoes, etc. to repair, but my money from taxes was through the roof, and I could spend on whatever I needed.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

:( I've had some kickass cities in the past on simcity4. Lost them all after some formats....and I generally build a new pc every 2 years.

Looking forward to the New SIMCITY game coming out soon though. :D [​IMG]

15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I don't know why, Sim City Societies is going to blow ass... queen latatifa sized ass

16. OrangeCountyCA

here's another city that I've spent a long time on...

Name: Mt. Arash
    Date: 2144
    Population: 409,000
    Funds: ~1,000,000

The entire view
    [​IMG]

South
    [​IMG]

Northeast
    [​IMG]

Also, I have created a few killer nations in Civ4, so I might post a few pictures of them too.

17. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

ive done some civ 4 stuff, but it gets too expansive towards the end to be any fun in my opinion

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

19. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

It's all been downhill from the SNES Sim City...2000 was still pretty good. 3000 blew ass IMO and Sim City 4 was okay.

20. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Nice cities...I always seem to get stuck with heavy bond debt.