1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PC GAMES 2015] Whats everyone playing?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FlyerFanatic, Aug 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i started playing aoe2 hd again

2. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I tend to keep a vast backlog of Steam sale games and rarely play anything new. That said, at the moment I am playing Borderlands 2 for the first time.

As far as actual new games go I have not played Witcher 3 yet, but I am really looking forward to starting it whenever I can buy it in the $25 range.

3. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I've been switching between a few of games lately:

Batman: Arkham Knight
    Outland
    Half Life 2: Episode One
    Dust: An Elysian Tail

Also been playing some NES & SNES games via emulators.

4. lean

lean Member

clash of clans

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I almost bought that Cities Skylines games this weekend, but I'm trying to keep my computer free of distractions.

"For Work Only" is how I justified spending $2k on a MacBook Pro.

6. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Just finished Fallout 3 w/DLCs for first time. Doing Fallout New Vegas right now to prepare me Fallout 4. Then again I also rarely buy games brand new so not sure why I'm preparing for Fallout 4 if I'm likely to wait for Summer Sale.

7. marky :)

marky :) Member

CS:Go/League of Legends/GTA5

8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Witcher 3 - fantastic game. I have played it for about 140 hours.

Geometry Wars 3 - If you like dual stick bullet hell games, this one is awesome. It's not as hard as some of the Japanese games, but it's harder than a game like Super Star Dust HD. I got it on sale on Steam for $2.50 or so and have played it about 30 hours. The last few hours have been spent trying to defeat a VERY difficult boss.

Game of Thrones - The game is pretty good.

I cannot wait to get my Steam Controller and the thing to stream Steam to my HDTV. I cannot play intensive mouse/keyboard games anymore because I ruptured a disc in my neck and had surgery and now I cannot sit at a computer playing a game like Starcraft 2 or Civ5. It just hurts too much to make it worth it. The Steam Controller will hopefully change everything. I have been using a program called Controller Companion that allows me to use an Xbox for Windows controller as a mouse. I love it! I am hoping that the Steam Controller blows the Controller Companion out of the water and games like Civ5 and Starcraft 2 are available for me to play again.

9. dragician

dragician Member

World of Tanks.

10. magman

magman Member

GTA Online, NBA 2k15, Assassin's Creed 5.

But I'm looking forward to starting King's Quest! And Metal Gear Phantom Pain soon.

11. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

again here...this is the what the new rage is all about right? SC version came out thats what the heroes of the storm is right? same type of gameplay.

don't get those either.

i'm not sure i could get into a civ 5...i looked at a gameplay vid on youtube...looks complex...

whats the batman arkham knight game like? just a beat em up type game?

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

PC games, bruh

13. HeWhoIsLunchbox

They're called MOBAs. I'm not a fan of them. My friend used to talk **** about DOTA all the time. But as soon as Heroes of the Storm came out, he was all over it. Now all of my friends play it. It's very annoying to be around when they talk about it.
    Combat is definitely a big part of the game, but it's so much more than that. There's a lot of stealth involved, there are many puzzles, the gadgets are varied and fun, and when you're in the Batmobile it feels like a completely different game (though many argue that it's overused in the game). I'd probably say that the series (Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, and Arkham Knight) is my favorite gaming series ever.

14. Baba Booey

Batman Arkham Knight has been a total disaster on the PC. I would avoid it at all costs. It's pretty good on PS4, but it's far from perfect. It's a lot like Josh Smith, actually. 85% is fantastic and about 15% of it is awful.

Civ5 is REALLY complex, but it's also an amazing game (and time sink...just one more turn!). I was playing it for hundreds of hours before I learned to properly use some of the things you can do. I used to play multiplayer Civ5 with about 5-6 of my friends as often as possible. It was quite fun. I have played Civ5 for a few thousand hours....

15. lean

lean Member

reading comprehension fail on my part. Used to be a huge PC gamer but I dont really have time anymore, kinda sad :(

16. HeWhoIsLunchbox

1) The game still isn't available for sale (at least not on Steam) since they yanked it after that abominable PC launch. I was one of the lucky ones who was able to play without much issue.

2) I remember your posts from the Arkham Knight thread and you seemed to have huge issues with things that most people wouldn't care about, such as the attack indicators that appear over enemies. The one thing about the game that pretty much everyone can agree on is that there was too much Batmobile. But I wasn't as bothered about it as some were.

I would personally direct someone who is new to the series to start with Arkham Asylum or Arkham City.

17. Baba Booey

You remember correctly. I absolutely HATE the counter icons. In the first Batman, you could just up the difficulty and get rid of them. In the last two Batman games, you have to complete the game first before the difficulty that removes them is available. I know that I am in the minority as far as this goes, but it's absolutely inexcusable for them to make me play the entire game first before I can get to the fun difficulty level. I played Arkham Knight starting in NG+ (I had a friend play through the regular version) so I didn't have to see them. I don't think I am asking for too much when I am asking for an option to disable them. They are UGLY as sin and ruin the gorgeous graphics. And while I might be in the minority, there are still thousands of players who share the same sentiment. The glowing blue environmental take-down indicators are ugly as sin as well. Someone at Rocksteady is determined to keep the game ugly.

The Batmobile is okay until the final few missions of the game, when I was hoping to crash and die in it.

Arkham City is the best of the series.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Hearthstone, some Dominions 4, occasional Civ4 game. Tried out Crusader Kings 2 but it was too deep to commit to, so I shelved it for a later date.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You should be able to buy Witcher 3 Nvidia code for around $20 on ebay.

20. magman

magman Member

Witcher 3 is one of those games that I boot up get ready to play and then I feel overwhelmed by everything, and I close it and play something else, or watch tv. I get the feeling that Metal Gear will be that way to.

I need to find some time to really force myself to play it, big learning curve.

I also do want to play some of the Dragon age Inquisition DLC.