1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PBS] 'ENDGAME: AIDS in Black America'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jul 10, 2012.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

The last article i read was how the US South (including east Texas) was experiencing an explosion in HIV cases. Particularly young black males and females. I just wanted to post this for some of our younger members in the hope to dispel the gay myth and perhaps black myth surrounding HIV.

<object width = "512" height = "328" > <param name = "movie" value = "http://dgjigvacl6ipj.cloudfront.net/media/swf/PBSPlayer.swf" > </param><param name="flashvars" value="video=2254967747&player=viral&start=1200000&end=0" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param > <param name = "allowscriptaccess" value = "always" > </param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param ><embed src="http://dgjigvacl6ipj.cloudfront.net/media/swf/PBSPlayer.swf" flashvars="video=2254967747&player=viral&start=1200000&end=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="512" height="328" bgcolor="#000000"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #808080; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 512px;">Watch <a style="text-decoration:none !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#4eb2fe !important;" href="http://video.pbs.org/video/2254967747" target="_blank">ENDGAME: AIDS in Black America</a> on PBS. See more from <a style="text-decoration:none !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#4eb2fe !important;" href="http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/" target="_blank">FRONTLINE.</a></p>

2. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Member

Don't be a dummy c*m on her tummy

(words to live by)

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I was watching the history of the english people before this came on, though when I saw the preview I honestly thought it was about gay people. Did not watch.

Why not just say young blacks? Unless you meant to distinguish between non-females/males and females/males.

The biggest myth (or not) that I've heard in regards to AIDS is that it developed from people having sex with monkeys. It couldn't have come from people butchering monkeys?

#3 Cohete Rojo, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

What I read was that Simian HIV can not jump to species like tigers, lions or elephants. Because human and simian DNA is so similar it jumped and spread to our species. As to the how, it's not out of the realm of possibility that someone way back then got it from monkey love. Technically it's possible and there are cultures around the world that engage in and condone bestiality (College Station). More than likely though, the virus transfered by the butchering and consumption of bush meat.

1 person likes this.
  5. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

if only they're as rich as magic

6. Rasputin12

Rasputin12 Member

This is an unfair, but true thing to state: It is very unlikely for males to contract HIV through vaginal intercourse.

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I didn't realize that 30 years ago when the AIDS virus was discovered, the only gay men who had it where white.

8. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

It was actually called G.R.I.D.S, which stood for Gay Related Immune Deficiancy Syndrome. Also called Gay Cancer, Gay Plague but the occurrence of the disease in non-homosexuals meant that names such as GRID became redundant.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Coheto, as troubling as this, I recommend you look up stories about rape of monkeys in Africa. There are places in Africa where conservation groups have rescued different types of Apes that were being chained up and used for prostitution.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I just happened to accidently flip to channel 8 and saw most of this last night. I enjoyed it.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I guess you haven't read about the shaved orangutan sex slave.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And you will be HIV positive before you c*m. Use a condom dummy.

13. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

NSFW

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zEAUt-QHKkw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

why do blacks have it more than other races (serious question)?

15. amaru

amaru Member

Poverty plays a role.