1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul the Octopus with real psychic powers?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Tree-Mac, Jul 12, 2010.

Tags:
?

Does Paul the Octopus have psychic powers?

1. Yes

59 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. No

67 vote(s)
    53.2%
  1. YallMean

YallMean Member

I have no problem with the octopus, but I have problems with those who believe it.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Wait a second. What was the reason why they let Paul the Octopus pick any winner in the first place. I wonder what the manager of Sea Life Centre was smoking when he hatched this brilliant idea?

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's great free PR. Really brilliant.

Oh, and the plural of octopus is OCTOPUSSY. Get it right, people.

4. worzel gummidge

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Calamari in Germany ....WOOT !

DD

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The flame that burns twice as bright... :(

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/football/article852776.ece

Maradona jubilant over octopus Paul’s death

Diego Maradona has come forward saying he is pleased that Paul the psychic octopus is dead.

“I am happy your gone Psychic Octopus, it’s your fault we lost the World Cup,” the former Argentina coach Maradona tweeted.

Paul gained worldwide fame at the World Cup by correctly predicting the winner of Germany’s seven games in South Africa and the final between Spain and the Netherlands as well.

The games included Germany’s quarterfinal against Argentina, which the Germans won 4-0 to end Maradona’s term as coach.

The predictions were made by lowering boxes into Paul’s tank, each containing a mussel and a flag of the two teams. The box from, which he ate the mussel was deemed to be the winner.

Paul died early Tuesday of natural causes. His passing was mourned by the world football community and the aquarium in Oberhausen announced it would set up a small monument in his honour.

9. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Member

This reminds me of an old sports prediction scam people use to pull when I was in High School.

They would send a few thousand flyers with Team A winning and send a few thousand flyers with Team B winning to another part of town. After the first game, say if Team A won, they would send more flyers to that part of town with half predicting one team and half with the other, and so forth until there's just a few hundred thinking they're psychic or genius'. Of course, then would then charge a "fee" for the final prediction.