1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Pierce

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jan 18, 2012.

1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Actually, matching the salaries isn't difficult. The new CBA made it easier. Thabeet/Flynn/Williams salaries would be enough to make a deal.

Outgoing salaries must add up to $10,155,556.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Of course Pierce is on the block....why wouldn't he be? However, the rest of the league should take notice, and NOT allow the Celtics to reload with younger talent to bridge their rebuilding. Let them fall quickly.

4. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

It's ok my friend...some people are just slow. :grin:

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

While simply matching the salaries isn't difficult, getting Pierce for those pieces might be!

A quote from the speculative article
    So basically Ainge might possibly contemplate a trade if it makes the Celtics younger and quicker (according to the article).

I don't see us having the right pieces in a way that is worth it for either us or them!

6. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

We don't need another scorer that starts. Parsons fits in well because he is not relied on to score but does all the little things. Budinger is scorer and rebounder. Does not do other things well. As we saw earlier in the season there is only 1 ball and 5 players on the court. Not everyone can score.

7. Juck_The_Fazz

Juck_The_Fazz Member

celtics never gonna trade pierce. afterall they dont have daryl asset as their gm

8. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

I like that Artest is a XL shirt kind of guy and he's wearing a XXXXXL. What a gangsta.

9. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Pierce had a solid team of role players around him in 06/07...Al Jefferson, Rondo, Toney Allen, Ryan Gomes, Perkins and they didn't do jack. If you dont surround him next to Hall of Famers he wont make much of a difference

10. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I stopped reading after ur first sentence.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Celts are going downhill and will stay there. I'm not worried in the least bit about them reloading. The Ray Allen and KG trades were complete flukes and Danny Ainge won't be able to build them into contention again. Boston is not a "destination city" for free agents and never will be.

Celtics fans better prepare for a long period of mediocrity.

12. da_juice

da_juice Member

With some right bounces of the lotto balls, they might be back contending.

I give them a decade.

13. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

it wasn't a fluke. They sold their future and short term future flexibility to make improvements for that 08 title. And give credit to former Celtic legen McHale from Minny for helping out his former team while being the GM

14. xAliceInChains

They won a title with them. And contended many years, that's why you make those trades. I don't see any reason in the world why you would say those trades were flukes. What are you going to always prepare for the future.

And Boston is a destination city, with that tradition and level of success that the franchise has had.