1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers Reportedly Interested in Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Miracles Boys33, Jun 15, 2013.

1. hoopcity

hoopcity Member

Lebron can opt out of his contract in 2014. Not the owners decision.

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The Clippers have reportedly turned down a trade involving Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers. <a href="http://t.co/it6XrA1jaV">http://t.co/it6XrA1jaV</a></p>&mdash; CBSSports.com (@CBSSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSports/statuses/346049081870786561">June 15, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

So was anyone else completely unaware that a head coach could be traded? :confused:

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He couldn't be.

Part of the deal was that Doc Rivers would be released from his coaching obligations in Boston and the Clippers would have his rights to sign him, or at least that's how I understood it. I could be wrong.

5. hoopcity

hoopcity Member

I assume it has to do with the fact that they have a coaches union. Something to do with the deal they have between the NBCA and the NBA.

6. k-money

k-money Member

pretty much

7. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Pretty sure the Clippers wouldn't have acquired Doc's "rights" per se. Doc technically wouldn't have been a part of any trade. The Celtics simply would have simply terminated his contract, so Doc would have been able to sign with the Clippers.

This actually wouldn't have been the first coach "trade". The Heat for example only let Stan Van Gundy go to the Magic after acquiring "a second-round draft pick in 2007 and the right to swap first-round picks in 2008 or another 2008 second-round draft pick and cash." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Van_Gundy#Orlando_Magic)

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Source involved in Celtics-Clippers discussions tells Yahoo! Sports: &quot;Not looking good, but I wouldn't say (it's over) for sure.&quot;</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/346054622772862979">June 16, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. basketballholic

All this talk about a trade so the Clippers could get Doc........

reminds me of the Sixers situation with Chris Finch. I still suspect Finch has the same "no compete" clause that Doc has. And I suspect that Morey is asking Hinkie for compensation for the privilege of hiring Finch.

10. TheresTheDagger

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Final hurdle remains unchanged: Clips don't want to part with DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe in deal, sources tells Y! Ainge wants Bledsoe.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/346056340151599106">June 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. TheresTheDagger

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Clippers won't budge on their offer of DeAndre Jordan, one No. 1 pick. Clippers will not give Celtics Eric Bledsoe and another No.1 pick.</p>&mdash; Brad Turner (@BA_Turner) <a href="https://twitter.com/BA_Turner/statuses/346056861834964992">June 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Clippers made the right decision to pull out of this (unless CP3 walks away, in which case they are face down dead in the water). Celtics would have made out like bandits.

13. trowa2

trowa2 Member

clips have number 1 pick? or did he mean first round pick?

14. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

If I'm Morey and the Celtics don't get Bledsoe. I offer Boston J-Lin and T-Rob For Rondo. Then I go Sign J-Smoove

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

16. youngduck

youngduck Member

lol kg has like 1-2 years left..paul pierce 2-3 years.. but its all good...i guess.

17. youngduck

youngduck Member

u kno bledsoe cant shoot right? and u kno rondo cant shoot 3s right..

did u pay attention to dey rocket fans complaintzz?... "jeremy lin cant shoot. jeremy lin has to become a spot up shooter. jeremy lin 3pt% is bad. blah blah blah. we need a pg who can shoot."

how is rondo gonna help? lol. plz recognize. :eek:

"if jeremy lin can't shoot, the defenders will lock dey paints up and harden cant attak dey rim" :eek::eek::eek::eek:

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

That died down quickly.

So the Clips weren't willing to offer Bledsoe OR Jordan, what were they going to offer? Caron Butler? 1st round pick(s)?

Also, what's so special about Eric Bledsoe?

Reminds me of the Cavs keeping Hickson(and not getting Stoudemire). Looking back, perhaps that was the right choice and in time, maybe this will be too.

19. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Please Recognize!!!! That I will take Rondo's None shooting PG play over J-Lin's None Shooting PG Play.

Rondo is a Allstar and the 3rd best PG in the League. Anybody here that wouldn't do that deal dosen't know Basketball!!! youngduck Is that you?

The only reason They(The Celtics) maybe do the deal is because he is coming off of injury? With out that it no way way in hell they get mentioned in the same sentence.

#119 ballplayer, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  20. Swishh

Swishh Member

I'd imagine they would want CP3's input about this potential trade, right? Because at the end of the day, they want to re-sign CP3 and I assumed they'd discuss all of their moves with him to see how he felt about them.