1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers Reportedly Interested in Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Miracles Boys33, Jun 15, 2013.

1. TheresTheDagger

I stand corrected on Love. Wow. I usually check things like that before posting. I feel like a dumb ass.

I still think that the Lakers might not be sold on Blake. His contract is awfully fat for someone who just got abused by Zak Randolph in this years playoffs.

2. amaru

amaru Member

I've seen it several times.

What's the deal with this "more black coaches for CP3" thing. What did he say or do to make ppl start this?

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There was a report that he wanted the Clips to fire Del Negro and hire a black coach.

4. TheresTheDagger

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>An NBA executive said the Lakers will either, A, sign Dwight Howard, or B, let him walk if he wants and have ample cap space next summer.</p>&mdash; Brad Turner (@BA_Turner) <a href="https://twitter.com/BA_Turner/statuses/346040741425991680">June 15, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There was a report that CP3 was demanding a black head coach for the Clippers coaching vacancy. Can't remember how long ago, maybe about a month or so ago.

6. amaru

amaru Member

LOL I wonder how true that report is.

7. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=238914

Is it possible for the Rockets to sign and trade Dwight to the Clippers, or are the Lakers the only team that can?

8. k-money

k-money Member

theres no way the lakers are gonna help them.

9. delta69er

delta69er Member

Donald sterling initially misheard him and hired del negro instead of an actual black coach

10. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

he has become very credible, yea he blabbers a lot. But he obviously knows people in tight NBA circles

He also said it was MORE than a 50/50 shot Dwight leaves for Houston, so well see

11. hoopcity

hoopcity Member

Aging team around him, the prestige of the Lakers, plus the looming $50 million per season luxury tax bill the Heat are going to have to pay in another year (which certainly limits their ability to get better). Plus repeat offenders of luxury tax rules get taxed significantly higher, if they go back to back to back years going that far over the tax they're staring down an insane luxury tax payment, something like $150 million in luxury taxes. The new rules state $4.25 in taxes for repeat offenders for every $1 over the cap teams are at in the $15 million - $20 million range (over the cap). Heat easily will be over if all three continue to play in Miami.

Just saying, Lebron may hop off this ship in 2014 because the long-term prospects in Miami aren't great, particularly if Wade continues his steady decline.

12. hoopcity

hoopcity Member

No only teams that own a players Bird rights (I believe thats what its called) can do a sign-and-trade.

13. k-money

k-money Member

no sign and trade?

14. TheresTheDagger

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Doc Rivers been informed Clippers won't accept Celtics offer. Rivers prepared to stay in Boston, sources.</p>&mdash; Brad Turner (@BA_Turner) <a href="https://twitter.com/BA_Turner/statuses/346043187896414209">June 15, 2013</a></blockquote>

15. hoopcity

hoopcity Member

Its understandable if they aren't sold on Blake.

16. amaru

amaru Member

I'm watching Stephen A on ESPN and he's really smug about calling this one.

Well deserved.

17. Swishh

Swishh Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>RT <a href="https://twitter.com/BA_Turner">@BA_Turner</a>: Doc Rivers been informed Clippers won't accept Celtics offer. Rivers prepared to stay in Boston, sources.</p>&mdash; Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/statuses/346044903425466369">June 15, 2013</a></blockquote>

18. Sanity2disChaos

That tweet may confirm CP3 might not be on board....if the celts want bledsoe then rondo is gone.......and if the clips are wanting to hold on to bledsoe then CP3 is TAKING HIS TALENTS TO H-TOWN!!!

CLIPS ARE STUPID FOR THIS....OLD FARTS FOR YOUNG STUDS!!! WHERE THEY DO THAT AT:confused:

19. Sanity2disChaos

Lebron stays in Miami......why would you think he would be the one to leave and not Bosh or Wade???

If im the owner Lebron is my guy no matter what.......he will never leave:mad:

20. hoopcity

hoopcity Member

I don't see why the Celtics jump ship with Rondo. He's a great player on a fantastic contract. If anything you showcase Bledsoe for half a year until Rondo is healthy then flip Bledsoe for a nice young big man to a team who desperately needs a point guard/playmaker.

If anything blowing up Pierce and KG means you begin building a team that suits Rondo's skill set.