1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Millsap signs with Nuggets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Jul 2, 2017.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well who cares how the team acquires a superstar, the point is MJ couldn't win without a superstar so why are you criticizing Lebron for not winning without a superstar when MJ couldn't do it? MJ was just lucky his GM was really good, surrounded him with all star talents and a crazy deep team. Is it Lebron's fault the Cavs were a mess? They were paying max money to guys like Darius Miles and Larry Hughes while Krause was picking up talents like Rodman like he was taking candy from a baby. I don't get why it is supposed to be better MJ sat on his ass and his GM made his team great while Lebron sucks because he took matters into his own hands and made his own great team. It's not like he allowed the Heat to carry him, Lebron lead the league in minutes played and won 3-4 MVPs during his time in Miami, that shows how hard he worked.

If you're gonna tell me MJ is the GOAT because the Bulls GM got him all star players than Krause should be the GOAT, period. Getting Pippen, Phil Jackson, Rodman etc. all these had nothing to do with MJ himself, he just played the games he was supposed to play.

So what if MJ switched sports after winning 3 straight, he still switched sports. Lebron may have failed time and time again but he has given bball everything he had he even swallowed his pride and went on another team just to win a ring. People talk about the fire and competitive spirit MJ had but the dude "got bored" of basketball in your own words...is that competitive spirit? You quit when you're ahead? You get bored just after 3 seasons? Lebron could have quit when he won 2 rings and played football, instead he played in Miami until he lost. That's dedication. That's love for basketball. That's competitive spirit, you do it until you can't do it anymore. None of the hanky panky wishy washy "I'mma play baseball then come back when I suck at baseball" BS.

2. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

d'ya think? $30MM versus, what $3MM? oh but he gets to play with Harden here.

#62 Bennie Anders, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  3. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

No, ignoranums, it is not worse.

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Millsap is not worth 30 million a year, and he's a loser because he will be playing for the 8th seed every year.

fba34 likes this.
  5. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I think we just value different things bruh. I dont even care about what you think, but I like my superstars like Hakeem and MJ than Lebron and KD. You cant tell me Lebron didn't have a say in getting all those suck ass players on his team, like how Tristan is paid, like how Shumpert, JR, Kevin Love is paid on his team, like how Deron, Larry Sanders, Bogut got on his team this past year.
    Lebron is ring chasing for his legacy to catch up to MJ. That's all his objective.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

And he'll be making $30 million a year.

roslolian likes this.
  7. Major

Major Member

Players in the 90's stayed on their own teams because the CBA incentivized it. Today's CBA makes it much easier for players to move around without losing as much money, so they do so. Those players were no more "honorable" than today's players - they just played in a different economic system.

Jontro likes this.
  8. Major

Major Member

Players are not some stupid slave of the system - they are making decisions that are best for them. When Kevin Durant takes less money, he's doing so because it provides HIM some kind of benefit (playing with teammates he likes, winning rings, being in a city he likes, whatever else) - not because it helps the owner. You seem to be suggesting that people like Durant should take more money, even if he considers the overall effect a net negative to him.

9. fba34

I think thats not for you to say if they would have done the same thing or not. What happened was that they did not, so lets not speculate on what ifs. No barometer that could determine exactly what they would have done, its a mute point.
    What did happen was Lebron's Heat with Wade sacrificing his salary, Lebron demanding playmakers, Lebron's the Decision, etc which in my eyes, made him less a champion than say Hakeem or MJ or Dirk.

10. Major

Major Member

That's certainly true. It's also not for you to say:

Lebron is ring chasing for his legacy to catch up to MJ. That's all his objective.

You don't know anything that goes on in his or any other players' mind.

11. fba34

Thats because Lebron is ring chasing. He went to Miami to win his rings. He came back to Cleveland when they've secured Kevin Love and Kyrie to win more rings. I guess getting Cleveland the championship was cool. Now there are rumors he might go elsewhere again to superteam to beat GSW. These are things that make my statement more substantial than you claiming the 90s superstars would've done the same as Lebron if the economics or cap situation were the same.

Ring chasing MJ is definitely not something to be ashamed of. Its a lofty aspiration and only certain players can say they have the gifts to try to attain it. But Lebron needs a rotation of allstars to play with him.

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

So what does their starting 5 look like now with Gallo gone?

Mudiay - Wilson - ? - Millsap - Jokic

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

IDIOT

ElPigto and pippendagimp like this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's going to be a tough injury for those guys to recover from :/

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i feel like an ass for being grateful for the timing right before we play em

fba34 likes this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This is the kind of nonsense that makes us lose games.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

so then if i weeped for millsap and the nugz, that'll make us win games? :D

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yes.