1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Millsap or Al Jefferson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Furious Jam, Nov 9, 2012.

?

Paul Millsap or Al Jefferson - who would be the better Rocket?

1. Paul Millsap

137 vote(s)
    49.6%
  2. Al Jefferson

139 vote(s)
    50.4%
  1. dduong5

dduong5 Member

I agree with this!

2. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Our rookies may be better in a couple years, and they are certainly cheaper.

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I can see what your saying work if we depart with Lin AND Asik.

4. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

Harden was a borderline All-Star. Just sayin.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

No to Paul or Al. And No to Josh Smith either. i agree with whoever said we need a young Amare Stoudemire ideally. That would be the best player for this team. Neither CP3 or Howard are leaving LA. The Clippers actually have a really deep team this year & CP3 has all the influence in that organization he is a player, coach & GM. Players that would be interesting is LMA, Love or DeMarcus.

6. Pete the Cheat

7. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

Give Jones a chance and see where he takes us, and trade Patterson & Morris for a decent C and PG or trade 2Pat / Morris / Parson for a star SF and decent PG. so we can have 2 star Players with one rookie starting at PF our line up would look something like :

Lin / Decent PG (from Trade)
    Harden / cook
    Star (from Trade) / Delfino
    Jones / Donut / White
    Asik / Smith or (someone from trade)

What u guys think. if we do this we can deff be a contender this season.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Paul Millsap, easily

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Al can get his own shot, although I am not convinced he can create for others. From what I have seen, I have not been impressed with his passing out of double teams. He is also not very good on defense.

Although Millsap is not as creative on offense, which is very Landry like with some basic moves, he has a good range on his jumper. He is also a much better defender and IMO, is more competitive between the two.

I woukd take Millsap if I had a choice between the two.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

David West

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

No. Whiner extraordinaire.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

Fixed

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Have to agree with you roxxy. This morning on the radio Morey seemed to be preaching patience in finding that #2 guy, and patience in seeing what happens with the youth (assuming he's talking about the 6 young PF's).

If Love, LMA, or Cousins all the sudden become available then Morey has the assets to make a compelling offer, but until that day hits, I really dont see anyone out there thats better than the alternative of keeping cap flexibility for to go after a guy like these 3 if they come available in the future, and developing our young bigs to see if any of them become a #2 guy or an extremely hot commodity on the trade front that can bring you a #2 guy.

The Rockets have 3 years with this core at least.... There is no rush to go out and grab a guy on the wrong side of 30 just to secure a playoff spot.

14. eman

eman Contributing Member

Moti and TJ, all the way.

15. nono

nono Member

I feel with Brown out Gasol might be the next one to go. Morey has always been high on Gasol. Wouldn't be surprised to hear of a Gasol trade to the Rockets in the coming few days.

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yup exactly. I personally would love DeMarcus/Love over LMA just because they are younger so it fits right in with our youth movement. Morey will be patient so I am not too worried.

17. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

kevin love or pau gaol

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

On the offensive end they need someone who can space out the opponent's defence (drawing out the opposing 4) allowing for more offensive rebounding with Asik and more room to drive for Lin/Harden. Also be able to demand/draw double teams and pass out to the open Rocket.

On the defensive end: he needs to stay on the floor and avoid foul trouble, box out to keep the opponent from the offensive glass. He also needs to be able to slide to the 5 and be decent defensively when Asik is on the bench.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Jopatmc? YOU'RE BACK?!?! Already?!?!

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Can they shoot 3pointers?