1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul George traded to Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 30, 2017.

1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I mean he did offer three first rounders for George. No clue why Indy would take what OKC offered over that.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Did they offer their low first round picks?

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

What do you call games 5-7 against GSW in 2016 then? They had that series locked up if not for Westchuck.

4. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Will be interesting to see how well those two can co-exist, same way it will with Harden and CP3.

If nothing else these moves will at least provide a reason to watch next year. I still think Golden State is head and shoulders above everyone else but the off season still has a long way to go.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Good

Did not want

So overrated. Can't believe people used to argue he is better than Harden

6. the shark

the shark Member

Laughable to think that OKC can flip PG at the trade deadline and get more then what they gave up for him (if anything).

So PG leaves to LA next summer, Oladipo and Sabonis gone, and Westbrook possibly signing the extension this summer.

Thus OKC will be way weaker next summer, and what big time FA are going to want to go to Oklahoma? So RW is stuck on a lame ass team for yrs 2-5 on his contract (unless there's an out clause built in).

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj:

Indiana was focused on three offers
    CLE-DEN-IND
    OKC-IND
    BOS-IND

Harris & draft pick from Cleveland that they thought would end up being a 2nd.
    Boston: Indiana wanted Smart, Crowder & multiple firsts; Boston wasn't ready to put all the picks in
    Indiana turned to OKC; with Oladipo & Sabonis, they have 2 players they can start rebuilding around
    Indiana wasn't going to wait on Boston

malakas and Vivi like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol two players they can start rebuilding around...jesus christ...i feel bad for Pacers fans.

Btw, welcome to H-Town Lebron...in 2018

9. FearTheBeardJH

I would take random 1st round pick over Oladipo&Sabonis. That was horrible trade.

10. eslate22

eslate22 Member

KP should be fired today... boston was giving 2 better players and would have settled for giving up one of their 1st rounders

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

George couldn't be a more perfect fit for Westbrook when you really think about it. All around game can let Westbrook score and still be effective

I really like the addition of Paul but as good a scorer as harden is I think ideally he could use another scorer

The rockets were most effective when others were scoring

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Another theory going around ... Indiana didn't want to trade him in the East so they sent him West, even if it meant taking a lesser offer. Cutting nose, spite face.

13. eslate22

eslate22 Member

considering all rumors are that he's just a rental regardless of where he went, they shouldn't have worried about this year since they weren't going to win the east and take the best offer even if it's the same conference... if that rumor is true then clippers should have been thinking the same way before trading us cp3

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. malakas

malakas Member

I would have taken Garry Harris and run. Much better than couple of late picks and Smart who needs to get paid and a roleplayer in Crowder.

Plus with Boston, what if Hayward doesn't sign with them? Then what? No deal?

Vivi likes this.
  16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Two players from the supporting cast that people were arguing were so crappy that Westbrook had to do everything. Well, everyone's scouting is different, I guess. But it would appear that market value would make me think that I'd at least ask for a future 1st rounder to sweeten the deal.

Vivi likes this.
  17. hlcc

hlcc Member

Didn't that report come from the Boston media immediately after the trade was announced? Why does this sound like Danny Ainge leaking some BS trying to make himself look better? Both Kevin Pritchard & Larry Bird (still a consultant with the Pacers) have history of being solid GMs in the league, so I can't imagine why they would suddenly turn terrible now.

malakas likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

They wanted Smart, Crowder and multiple picks...and they settle for Oladipo brick contract and Sabonis...lmao i just can't believe that's what they wanted from Boston, i dont believe that.

19. hlcc

hlcc Member

Apparently that's what the Pacers wanted, but there's no indication the Celtics was willing to trade these 2 players & picks.

malakas likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mike Wise of The Undefeated reported that all three owners of the Cavs, Pacers and Nuggets agreed upon the three-way trade before Kevin Pritchard vetoed it and said there was a better deal for Indiana.

Vivi likes this.