1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul George set to play tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bro2044, Nov 12, 2019.

1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Man, we NEED this win so badly. To defeat Leonard/George combo would be such a great boost, especially with our need to basically make-up for the Milwaukee loss to start the season heh on our next higher level opponent. Rockets always play to the opponent, and if we can keep up our 1st half energy into the 2nd then we always have a chance... it's just tough because MDA usually fails to adjust, while the other team does adjust to us. It'll be a tough game, but we can do it!

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

no he isn't. PG13 isn't going to play until thursday vs New Orleans. and Kawhi is expected to sit out tomorrow too since its a back to back

3. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

What? They just said they he's returning Thurs against New Orleans.

Apparently, Kawhi could load manage against us too, so we could get neither of them LOL. Clippers a soft ass team, man.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Is there a news report on this already. It would be pretty lame for them to exercise the load management BS in a nationally televised game. I know it's been done before but I thought the league was coming down hard on this. Last week they had the excuse of back to back nationally televised games. I don't know what the excuse would be this week.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll gladly take 8-3 however it happens.

We need to buy Westbook/Harden and Company more time to get better, and to get in better shape.

bro2044 and BaselineFade like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

harold bingo, ElPigto and Vivi like this.
  7. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

This is great news for us!!!! Now we can truly see where we are, assuming that kawhi is playing too....

bro2044 likes this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

Pathetic, both stars won't play! You cannot tell me PG is not ready for tomorrow, but is for Thursday.

BigShasta and bro2044 like this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If they play neither, they gonna get fined. Especially if they both play the following night.

Load managment is BS, it's a major black mark against Kashi's career as far as I'm concerned.

BigShasta likes this.
  10. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

The Rockets first exciting Western Conference match-up of the season, and the load manager Kawhi has to step in and ruin it.

bro2044 likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

well as long as the clips don't call it "load management" they won't be fined. pg13 isn't the issue. he's been out so his debut makes no difference in terms of the league bc he hasn't actually played yet.

but for Kawhi specifically, The Clippers have a road back-to-back coming up on Wednesday vs. Houston and Thursday vs. the Pelicans, but instead of listing Kawhi as out for one of those for "load management," the NBA has asked the Clippers to start using his ongoing injury to the patella tendon in his left knee as the reason he sits.

bro2044 likes this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I can accept PG not being ready, I think it's BS that we don't get to see Kawhi.

I really dislike this load management ****. Ultimately everyone is making millions of playing basketball because of us basketball fans. If I were the league, I tell the Clippers don't play Kawhi until he is healthy enough to play back to backs. Most other players are doing it, you can't tell me this guys leg issues is still a thing after 2 plus years.

Ridiculous.

bro2044 likes this.
  13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Seems Kawhi has been "managing" to miss the stronger team during b2b's.

JW86 likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

to be fair, the rockets are doing the same thing with westbrook as far as b2b's

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

National game, Clippers doing this on purpose. They learned from Popovich, petty move...

bro2044 likes this.
  16. macan

macan Member

i hope both PG and Kawhi play tomorrow. it will make our win much more yummy

D-rock and bro2044 like this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Damn you are right.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

sucks how the schedule played out here. I was definitely looking forward to this game. it can still be a decent game I guess w/ the players they have but without kawhi/pg13 not nearly as good

bro2044 likes this.
  19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

The Clippers are following the Raptors blueprint in how they manage Kawhi. They only care about the playoffs and a chance to win a ring with Kawhi at 100%. I can't blame them.

Let them both sit. We need to rack up as W's as possible while the schedule is favorable.

BigShasta and Houstunna like this.
  20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Westbrook is coming off surgery *this* past offseason.

Kawhi has been DNP the front-end of every b2b thus far. Maybe LAC planned it that way after seeing the schedule. Clips tougher opponent is front-end 90% of the time this year.

BigShasta likes this.