1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul George Injury

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ferrari77, Aug 1, 2014.

1. photojoe

photojoe Member

Oh. My.

This hurts to watch. Even though he plays for the Pacers, this affects all of the basketball community. This is a dark moment for the NBA, a dark moment for Team USA basketball.

All I can do is send my prayers to Paul George and his family and my hopes for a complete and full recovery for him.

2. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

That was gruesome, so what exactly happened? His foot got caught on the base of the goal and his leg snapped?
    I hope he gets a speedy recovery, oh man....that was tough to watch.

I see it now when I watched it in slow motion. His foot hits the base.

#42 chow_yun_fat, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  3. Progs

Progs Member

That is horrific :eek: :(

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Deja vu Shawn Livingston.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Looks like it. I think NBA style goals are set far back enough that players have a little more leeway in where they land.

The other theory is that there was a preexisting fracture/injury in the area that went undiagnosed.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not to take away from the thread or be a jinx, but I am glad Harden's game doesn't rely too much on athleticism. He will age well in the NBA

Having said that, wish PG a speedy speedy recovery.

7. Moleb

Moleb Member

Seems the most dangerous thing about this injury is nerve, tissue, and muscle damage. He didn't seem in too much pain from looking at his face. I hope its not a sign that some nerves were damaged. Because it could be career ending :(

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I dislike all injuries regardless of team, but it's part of the game. Get well PG.

9. VBG

VBG Member

Stop being a ****ing loser. This is absolutely pathetic.

10. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Jesus holy mother of God that was f***ing awful and I will be shocked if he comes back form that at full strength ever again... Feel so awful for Paul George man... just awful ...

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

So who is going to challenge the cavs now? The bulls? Will drose hold up?

12. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

That really is too bad. I'm sick to my stomach and the fact the it was avoidable makes me even more disgusted. I don't usually pray but when I do its for something like this. Good vibes, thoughts, prayers, and the kitchen sink going out to Paul George.

-curled up and hugging a teddy bear in the fetal position

13. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

im putting my morey hat on and finding out what it takes now to trade for indi peices now that george could be out for the season and lance has allready bolted

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I wasn't watching it live... I stopped watching late third quarter. Didn't realize it happened until a reported post came in.

Just horrible... I feel so bad for him. Hate to see this happen ever, but in a fun (and relatively meaningless) showcase like this, it makes it even worse.

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Speaking of DRose, dude looked fantastic tonight. I have to imagine seeing the injury will have an effect on his confidence going forward.

Sucks on so many levels. Get well soon, breh

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

OH.MY.GRACIOUS. :(

That's awful. Wow. ... No words.

I feel terrible for PG. Pacers season just went down the drain. All for just a scrimmage.

Then the look on Rose's face(can only imagine how he feels or what he's thinking, after what he just went through), then as the camera scanned down the bench. Damn.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

This will kill USA basketball until we lose the Olympics again.

And I don't blame the players one bit.

They should NEVER EVER be playing with non NBA style equipment. The state of USA basketball, to let them play there is shameful.

Hopefully it heals perfectly. What a loss.

18. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>RT <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter">@SportsCenter</a>: James Harden &amp; other players at Team USA scrimmage were visibly upset after Paul George's injury. <a href="http://t.co/lWxiVHPGCa">pic.twitter.com/lWxiVHPGCa</a></p>&mdash; AdamWexlerCSN (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/statuses/495408349261742080">August 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wtf</p>&mdash; Roy Hibbert (@Hoya2aPacer) <a href="https://twitter.com/Hoya2aPacer/statuses/495397548648316929">August 2, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Hope Paul George will recover soon