1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul George Injury

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ferrari77, Aug 1, 2014.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That's pathetic to consider suing the arena. It was a freak accident breh and that's it. Sue your team or country if anything since you think you're not susceptible to injuries when you play ball 24-7.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Regulations are regulations. If the equipment was misused then why is it pathetic?

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Not exactly a Patrick Edwards situation though.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

If that was a metal post or something dangerous then yes. That was cushiony foam .

5. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

He'll never been the same again.

6. photojoe

photojoe Member

That is stupid for him to say. The OP of that forum says it is Harden's fault because he was trying too hard in a scrimmage? What about Paul George giving it everything he had to get back on defense and defend the shot, in a scrimmage?

It is extremely unfortunate. I hate that it happened to anyone, and on top of that Paul George has seemed to be a great athlete and a stand-up NBA player so far. All of those guys last night are world-class athletes and were playing hard, even though it was just a scrimmage.

Even though it is ridiculous for that poster to say that, I can understand. It hurt me to see such a devastating injury in a scrimmage for a USA basketball game. I can't imagine how it would feel for a Pacers fan.

Hoping and praying for a full recovery for Paul George.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I glanced at the post and several members there had immediately responded by calling the OP stupid, posting a Picard face palm thingy, calling the OP an "embarrassment," and so on. Heck, I was prepared to say something derogatory about the site and instead now have some respect for the members there. I hope they see my post.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm not saying he should sue but if they can prove that it wasn't at regulation distance he might have a case.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

only 1 inch difference

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Everyone that has seen Rose has said that he's playing differently than last year. No hesitation, nothing, so i think the only question is whether his knee will hold up and i think it will. He's already been playing for a while on it.

11. Major

Major Member

The 4 feet is an NBA standard. This wasn't an NBA game, so it's not really relevant.

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I'm hopeful he can come back, Football players have these sorts of injuries and they return to form, but PG could be done..

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

Never underestimate the greed and tenacity of ambulance chasers. He and/or his agent will be besieged by offers. Heck, I'm nobody, and the morning after I got home from a brief hospitalization after a car wreck it was one lawyer or chiropractor after another-- I had to take my phone off the hook. Then the offers came in the mail. Apparently someone in medical records sold my unlisted phone number and address. Anyway, there are many injured parties here, many opportunities for some shyster to make a payday, and zero disincentive to file a suit-- and every suit settles, since it's cheaper to settle than to defend...

Rant over. If PG's surgery and rehab go well, he should be in great shape by the playoffs. Let's hope.

14. mig0s

mig0s Member

If they make the playoffs

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

NBA Summer League regularly plays there; no issues. Just an unfortunate freak accident. And not knowing how to fall.

If there is anyone to blame, it could well be the USA basketball program for choosing that arena.

That said, they should move the stanchion back and add more padding to better absorb contact from players. I heard martial arts/gymnastics training can train people how to fall.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your overall point, but there was a picture comparing the placement in SL vs. the scrimmage. There was a clear difference.

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I can speak from experience that martial arts training absolutely helps. I have very little experience in Jiu jitsu but being taught how to land when being thrown has saved me from plenty of injuries in everyday life and while playing sports. It doesn't take long or much repetition to become instinctual.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Paul George Sr.: 'He still can't believe that this has happened'

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Paul George is built like a pro X skater. He's like well under 220lbs. These guys need to practice landing....

20. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I agree with this. As far as Paul George goes, HE DIDN'T FALL!. He landed and his foot hit a bad angle. There is no training for that.

2 people like this.