1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul George anybody?? Pat P.....say goodbye!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sanity2disChaos, Apr 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Sanity2disChaos

Considering the somewhat breakout rookie campaign of PAT and the almost similar year for P.George would you make a trade to swap those two players??
    The reason I bring this up is because I feel that Bud has done a decent job as a starter but not great.....and unfortunatly I dont think he will ever be great (especially on the defensive end). Bud is more suited for a off the bench K. Korver role.

Thus this brings me to the trade of Pat for George......this will help both teams and address great needs for both organizations.Both are still on rookie contracts and are young and very productive players.

Im think ing a starting line-up of.....

Lowry
    martin
    George
    Scola
    Free agent/draft pick

....would be a nice starting rotation for now and the future....thoughts?

2. Prince

Prince Member

I have a feeling you're a Miller or Dos X beer fan.

3. arjun

arjun Member

yea.....if only it was that easy

4. Sanity2disChaos

neither......anything else?:rolleyes:

5. Sanity2disChaos

Dont think it is that far from an actual thing. The pacers need a starting PF and we could use a more rounded SF to compliment Martin and his almost ghost like defense at times. Plus the pacers have two of the same type of player in Granger and George.......Granger is already the star but George potential is through the roof....as is PATs.The pacers are looking to improve this offseason so this could be a very realistic option.........IT IS WRITTEN.

6. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Why don't they just draft one of the Morris twins or Justin Harper? Plus Psycho T has played well this season. Give him more time to really develop, instead of sending him back to the bench.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Tyler Hansborough or however you spell his name played good at the end of the year. I doubt they would give up George for an unproven PF.

8. Sanity2disChaos

Do you really think T.hansbourough is better than PATP....??
    Seriously , Pat has done more in half a year then Tyler has done in double that time......The Pacers need a athletic PF and T.Hans is not that....he is not even a starter in my opinion......IT IS WRITTEN.

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

Nah i think he's a hard liquor type Jack D or Vokda.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I've never seen two sophomore players traded for as centerpieces. It just doesn't happen. They are paid too little and have little impact on teams.

11. Sanity2disChaos

:grin:.....

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

If Indiana wanted Patterson that bad they would have drafted him over Paul George.

Simple ass logic.

1 person likes this.
  13. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

+1. Pointless effing thread. NEXT.

14. Sanity2disChaos

Alot of things happen that you've never seen im sure!! Its not impossible and im sure its happened before.....

15. Sanity2disChaos

That doesnt even make sense......nobody wanted Pat before he played meaningfil minutes for the rockets.....I guess you were just in love when they picked him up last year in the draft..:rolleyes:

16. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I didn't say that. Read my post again, fool. I said he has played well this season, so give him more time to develop. Tyler Hansbrough put up some nice numbers in quite a few games this season.

18. Sanity2disChaos

Thats Funny.....!!! Him and a handful of others...!

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You sure about that? Their numbers are pretty similar.

20. nwcougar1

nwcougar1 Member

Just a couple of points:

1. George was a rookie this year just like Patterson so he's no more PROVEN than Pat.

2. George shot 45% from the field and 29% from 3-point land while Pattterson shot 56% from the field (pretty good for a rookie).

3. We have a greater need for a big body type player that can block shots and rebound.