1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pau Gasol

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nono, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Grigori

Grigori Member

It's LAL.

You trade them your expiring stars you don't think you can re-sign and the LAL signs them.

2. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

You're not even going to list a source for this? No twitter, no article, no nothing, so that we may judge the credibility of this for ourselves?

lol "unconfirmed rumor" is somehow even worse than just saying "sources."

Rumor has it I am Pau Gasol, and I've been checking on my trade status using these forums. This rumor is still unconfirmed, however.

1 person likes this.
  3. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Considering I didn't trust the source, there was no need to post anymore information. I didnt start a new thread about the trade rumor for this exact reason.

All you have to do is search on twitter and you would've found the rumor...but since my post seems to have seriously upset you, here you go:

https://twitter.com/NBANewsInsider

4. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

It's all you should have done in the first place, so that people could see "Oh, what mrdave posted is sketchy" or "Yeah, that source doesn't seem very credible," so we could share in your skepticism. No need to throw up the barriers and try to quickly change subjects to another poster's supposed anger with you because you failed to include a link.

Why would I be upset, least of all by anything you could type? Pau Gasol is above such concerns.

5. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Kidding aside, that site is crazy sketchy. It keeps linking to...itself...as a source.

A mobius strip of unconfirmed rumors.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Look at this game, Houston down big. Getting blown out. Tell me we don't need Gasol. Haters.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

they are playing better without him.

8. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Well, looks like we got it done with Gasoft. GOF.

:)

9. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Antawn Jamison has been way more effective for the Lakers than Pau Gasol.

Antawn...Jamison.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Pau's the reason why they lost. Zero points, zero assists, zero rebounds, zero defense. I'm starting to agree, this isn't a fit issue or a system issue, or bad knees or chemistry. He just lost his skills. Inexcusable.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Greg smith does what Pau can't do .... playing physical

12. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

According to Ric Bucher

Source: Ignore any and all trade talk about Pau Gasol because the Lakers landed Steve Nash by promising him he would get to play with Gasol. Nash made it a prerequisite for passing on offers from Toronto and the Knicks that Pau would be around, the source said. Such prerequisites from an incoming star aren't that unusual -- Chris Paul made similar personnel demands as part of his agreement to be dealt to the Clippers. (In Paul's case, he wanted assurance that LAC would do whatever was necessary to retain restricted FA DeAndre Jordan.) Conceivably, once Nash gets back and actually plays with Gasol, the Lakers could continue to struggle and Nash re-thinks his position. But as of right now, one of the enticements that brought Nash to LA was the big Spaniard and the organization would have much bigger problems than they already have if they backtracked on their promise to keep Gasol in the fold.

http://sulia.com/channel/phoenix-suns/f/b018f200-846a-4f10-b9be-d312aafe3c14/?source=twitter

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

as soon as i saw his name i stopped reading

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

15. hotpotato

hotpotato Member

wild talk: Paul Gasol for Parson and ... Lin?

If the deal is on the table, should Les take it?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-121203/nba-los-angeles-lakers-issues

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. AFS

AFS Member

But that happened before they acquired Dwight Howard. I wonder if Nash still feels as strongly about needing Gasol there when he can play with Howard now instead.

18. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

DM should be the facilitator on any Pau trades..no Pau to the Rox.

19. underrated015

underrated015 Member

same guy that said la should get rid of kobe .

20. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Couple things there:

1. Les Alexander is not the GM of the Houston Rockets, and with very few exceptions has given the actual GM of the Houston Rockets, Daryl Morey, wide latitude in making trades and personnel decisions that benefit the team. What was one of those exceptions? Alexander personally pushed hard for Morey to sign Jeremy Lin. So you're asking now, conversationally I guess and just for the sake of argument, if that same individual would now part with that exact same player as though it's some sort of referendum on his slow start through just 1/5th of an NBA season? No, of course not. It's a ridiculous notion.

2. We were laughing at how utterly clueless Israel Gutierrez is earlier in this thread re: the notion that the Rockets would view giving up Jeremy Lin for nothing (which is what "take back" means) as a net positive, and that this geriatric Gas Hole would somehow be worth even Parsons alone.

3. The Rockets (and here we mean Daryl Morey and his staff) have made it abundantly clear, on numerous occasions, that the only reason the Gasol trade was made (and then unmade, as you may recall) was with consideration to other pieces the Rockets were planning on adding to the roster in addition to Gasol.

4. Since those players are now all on other teams, and the trade assets that comprised the original Gasol trade are now long gone, it's probably wise to, you know, BELIEVE the people who are actually making these decisions when they tell you they have interest in this player that lies somewhere on the scale from heavily muted to none at all.

5. Nevertheless, this thread still exists, for reasons that we discovered dozens of pages ago have nothing to do with helping the Houston Rockets and everything to do with (what else?) individuals who care only about Jeremy Lin.