1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patterson can't make a contested shot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swordghost, Apr 11, 2012.

1. swordghost

swordghost Member

From what i saw. Only points he got were uncontested jumpers set up perfectly by our guards. When he had to dribble or when a hand was remotely coming to him, he would brick. So much hype as in the back up POWER forward.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

From what I saw, no one could hit a shot contested or not tonight.

3. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

This man said it best.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Knee jerk.
    Nobody can make contested shots consistently except maybe Kobe. That's the point of taking OPEN shots. Look at Carmelo he jacks up bad shots all the time, once in a while he'll score 40 but most of the time its going to be inefficient.

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

From what I've seen he's hit several contested shots in previous games

6. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

True. Not yet anyways. He seems to be good as a open spot up shooter. But i like the fact how he is trying and working hard to add other moves.

7. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

I wouldn't mind the way Patterson plays if we had a small forward playing with him who could crash the boards and pickup the garbage around the rim.

I hate that his shot takes him out of the paint area leaving one less big body around to block out or collect the off rebound.

8. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

The point of basketball is NOT to take contested shots, it is to work your offense to find a good/open shot. That being said it is the NBA, and he can make contested shots. Everyone was off tonight.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He's devolved slighly.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good reason to start a thread....

11. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

didnt read after i saw his name was "swordghost"

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He's only a second year player, but I would have to say that he is by far my biggest dissapointment this season. They desperately needed another big who could give you a post up threat, but also not give anything up on defense.

As for his misses on contested shots, its because he's pressing his shots and not shooting in rhythm. IMO, it looks like he's "rookie" nervous almost every game, and if he would just settle down, take his time, and play more loose on offense it would help out his offensive game dramatically. He's simply pressing because he's afraid of getting his shot blocked every time.

13. plates300

plates300 Member

I think he's doing just fine. The lockout and his surgery definitely didn't help him either. He looks like he is rushing a bit on the post but when he does take his time to get position and hold off his man, he is really good. I will wait until he has a whole off season to work with McHale.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Your right, but he's still the one player that could really take this team to the next level. The lockout, & his surgery hurt sure... but it still pains me to know how important his development would have been even more this season since the West is so open this year. His development might be the missing key to them going deep in the playoffs vs. now maybe not making the playoffs.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He's a role player, roles players aren't suppose to take contested shots