1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patterson and picks, fodder for Bosh trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yaowza!, Jun 25, 2010.

1. phi714

phi714 New Member

That.....

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I agree its an asset but I've given up on Bosh, however this gives up even more flexibilty to go out and pick up that impact player we so badly need.

3. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

Yeah there has to be a move or moves.

This is what our team looks like as of right now...

C - Ming, Hayes (PF), Andersen (PF)
    PF - Scola, Hill, Jeffries (SF), Patterson, Harris, Johnson
    SF - Ariza, Battier, Budinger
    SG - Martin, Taylor
    PG - Brooks, Lowry

16 players so someone doesn't make the cut...

Too many bigs, not enough wings...

4. Raven

Raven Member

In most NBA cities, drafting a solid role player, with the 14th pick, would be reason to celebrate, but not here. Morey is a victim of his own success.

:)

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yao is going to be limited to about 25 minutes per game next year. So there will be plenty of room in the bigs rotation for Scola, Patterson, and Hill, with Hayes or Jeffries playing situationally for defense. It may break down as:

C: Yao (25), Hill (20), Jeffries/Hayes (situational)
    PF: Scola (30), Patterson (15), Jeffries/Hayes (situational)

Actually, like Landry in his rookie season, Patterson may not be in the rotation in the early going.

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

No but it seems theses days you need at least 2 and sometimes 3 to win a championship.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

I think harris and Johnson are expired so they won't be back, Hill and Jeffries or Hill and Battier will most likely be traded and I think Andersen is going to return to Europe.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

If Patterson is really #6 on our draft board as Morey claims, no way he goes in a trade. Not that Morey wouldn't part Patterson, but because it means Patterson's value is much greater to us(as a #6 pick) than to Toronto, who won't even take him at #13 before us.

Hill, Budinger, lots of picks should be enough in terms of young talent anyway.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Rockets definitely made this draft pick and will make all decisions with the thinking that they can move on without Bosh. That being said they will still push just as hard on July 1st for Bosh and might even call him up at 12:01 when he is a 12:02 free agent to the teams courting Lebron.

If Bosh doesnt "choose" to put Houston on the list of destinations he "wants" to go, then we have a deep lineup on a team that historically gets the injury bug during the year. This is not a bad situation to be in by any means. Plus tons of assets for a trade deadline deal which is when you can almost always maximize value for a player from teams in a tough spot.

Is PatPat trade fodder?????.... No way, no how... but nobody is untouchable if an upgrade or a superstar is available.

I honestly think that Chris Paul is higher on our radar now given the situation in New Orleans. Would put money that Morey has secretly been trying to victimize the Hornets for some time now and will press on and hope for a deadline deal or maybe during the summer if they are compelled to move that fast.

10. Egghead

Egghead Member

You thought the same things about Chase and Jermaine last year too.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, I was mad last year we had not traded TMac away.....didn't like Chase or Jermaine.....

I think both of them have a future though after actually watching them play.

DD

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Draft Express had his as the #6 or #7 rated player as well.

It doesn't matter what we offer bosh decides where he goes.

13. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Toronto drafted Ed Davis ahead of Patterson. Redundant prospects, IMHO.

14. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

dont give up just yet..but for some reason i think the rockets are gunna try real hard to get bosh

15. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

This. The Raptors are fairly happy with Jarret Jack at the point, but the addition of a dynamic scorer in Brooks would be very hard to pass up to go along with Budinger's sweet stroke - the Raptors' outside shooting has been very inconsistent this year from the wing position, ie Weems, DeRozan, Hedo, Bellineli.
    I like CB4, but I would not give up Brooks + Cbud for him, especially when our power forward postion is well stocked, and also creating a void at our PG postion in the hands of Lowry, who I like as a scrappy player off the bench, but ultimately not someone I'm sold on as a full-time starter with his outside shot being a liability.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

Draftexpress doesn't make picks. GMs do. And multiple GMs decide Patterson's not worth a lottery pick.

And this thread isn't about what Bosh wants. Simply what the Rockets may give up if Bosh wants to come here.

17. DaDakota

Are these the multiple GMs that led their teams to the lottery?

DD

18. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

yup just like morey led us to the lottery, or whoever utahs gm was that led them to the lottery as well.

19. DaDakota

The difference is that Morey's linchpin was out all year...and he had that albatross Tmac to deal with as well.

I think Daryl Morey has been outstanding.

DD

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

exactly, every keeps saying we are PF heavy, assuming that Hill can only play the PF spot. he is 6'10" with a 7'1.5" wingspan. if he can bulk up (like you said) he can bully the 7 footers in our league such as pau. he can become a more explosive and offensively talented kendrick perkins, who is only 6'10" and i don't think anyone considers him a PF.