1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Patterson vs ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Apr 16, 2012.

?

Do you NOW think that we should've kept Jordan Hill?

1. Yes- at least he can rebound

63 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. No- Patrick is a beast

120 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

So your saying if we had traded Pat instead of Jordan we could have been rid of both of them this summer?!! Damn! Opertunity lost.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He was restricted until the Org gave up on a cheap option for him for cap room, which they will NEVER use ...chuckle.

DD

3. ACL1

ACL1 Member

I give you one better . As someone who does "this type of surgery " on a weekly basis, I can tell you it should not take 6 months

4. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I have no problem with that... But as you know each person heals differently and you also have to take in the consideration for the pounding on a nightly basis instead of an every other night or every 2 or 3 nights...

PPat is far been a bad player... Before you decide you label him as someone who sucks or trade him, give him a chance to heal and train.

This isn't an X-box or Playstation game.. this is reality and every player peaks at different times... But give the man a chance first, this is only his 2nd season...

T_Man

5. ACL1

ACL1 Member

I like how some of these people that defends this guy by saying give him a chance were some of the people who were crucifying t-Mac who had a MAJOR surgery for not recovering fast enough.

Removing bone chips from ankle should take 4 weeks max . I have high school kids and 60 year olds who go back to full activity after I remove bone chips from their ankles . Not to mention a professional athlete at the height of his career will all the amenities available for him .

Plus, I have not noticed a problem with his running or jumping all season long. What I have noticed is bad decisions, and lack of heart and toughness. The guy is not an NBA power forward. This is a shorter version of stro swift. That's my opinion .

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I've had 6 knee surgeries and i'm doing ok... But then again, i'm not pounding my knees by running up and down a basketball court...

Now he has made some bad decisions, then again it's only his second season so give him sometime...

Before you label him another Swift, give him a chance to prove himself... If he's sucking and hasn't grown any by the end of the All-Star break on next year than crucify him...

T_Man

7. jocar

jocar Member

He's been stinkin it up in clutch time during these most important past few games. Why Mchale keeps him in? who knows

8. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

We should have kept Thabeet instead so that we could have tanked earlier.

9. Spanish_Rox_Fan

Option C: Neither of them

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Patterson really doesn't do anything well. He is an ok team defender and he used to have a somewhat decent jump shot.

That's IT! He doesn't block shots, he doesn't steal the ball, he certainly doesn't rebound like a big man, he doesn't have the post moves Scola has, he seems to now be unable to dunk - what does he do? Why does he get so many minutes? Why???

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Good grief Jordan hill is a terrible basketball player. I'm willing to believe that Patterson's struggle is injury related and even if it isn't I'd still take him over Hill.

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

The Adelman Brad Miller man crush thing all over again... or photos like this that PPAT has stashed somewhere:
    [​IMG]

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Patterson has a freaking .430 FG % as a power forward!!!!

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

He should never play Center. Never ever.

15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

At this point I would go in another direction. Both trade bait to get the size and defensive attitude we need.

16. IzakDavid13

Under 40% when he posts up

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

FREEEEEEE JHILL!!!!!!!!!!~```111

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Smh...On da way to oakland/san fran...<a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523freejhill">#freejhill</a></p>&mdash; Jordan Craig Hill (@jordanchill43) <a href="https://twitter.com/jordanchill43/status/192488217973506048" data-datetime="2012-04-18T05:42:22+00:00">April 18, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ROFLMEISER

18. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Hill is going to the playoffs! Good for him.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol sad that both were lottery picks.... both underachieved...

20. IzakDavid13

I hate the Lakers, but would be happy for Jordan Hill to get a ring, damn