1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Patterson vs. Thomas Robinson Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 27, 2013.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Is giving him just a little bit of time too much to ask?

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Did you like the trade: NO

18pbr, 45souf, alfonole007, archinkent, ArtV, baobaoshadai, Barkley123, basketballis, basketballjones, bluewhale, BoneYardDog, borednsleepy, Calmwater, candyman285, Carl Herrera, Chasing_Chase, Chris1122, Classic, cwebbster, cyclorider, davidxhz, dballa76, Delta Quadrant, Dentyne, Ditty, don grahamleone, FacePalmMaster, FanSince93, FearTheBeardJH, FranchiseBlade, fxbillie, gandychan, gnozahs, Grace33, GRENDEL, Houst0ne, HTOWNBOUND2121, HTownTmac1, hunter399, iJHolmes, IzakDavid13, jackattack030, Jay-Z, jinyaotmac, JMG524, JohnQ, Junebball, jzmagic, kevtse, lastopsuburb, leeallen, LG7, Linderella, lived, LosPollosHermanos, Lostie, marexx, Mariachi ROCKET, mcgrady33090, merrrlo, mikeyharris, mirdirir, Misa, mtlkf, munco, myckan, nsng20, oakdogg, Omer, otisthorpe3, pktan8, PooleBoi7, Pumpfake, PuzzledFan, qiankun, red, redearth, rnebel, rockets0_12_7_1, Rockman, RollsRoyce, rubbertoe, ryano2009, Sonia0805, sonnyiztheone, Sports2012, Steal&Deal, stefanb, stefaniexxy, tehG l i d e, thegame_2234, TheMystery008, thephatp, tiger0330, Ultramagnus, updawg, warbirdzone, WAYFARER713, wiredog, xxfresh, yahboyryan, yolanda, YoungGods, zhd80132

its alright bro....they'll have listen to us as time goes on.

That being said we can't call TRobb a bust, he certianly isn't anywhere close PPAT though.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Should he be?

Pat's a 3 year vet who didn't have to deal with a disfunctional organization and a trade in his rookie year.

Not trying to say Robinson hasn't been a disappointment thus far in his career, but it's just too early to judge. You never know where he'll be down the road.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm sure some of them are too busy wanting to be right instead of rooting for Trob to succeed here.

I still don't think his defense was bad. As I said in the other threads here, he rotated better than Dmo did and out of all of the other defenders actually at least gave Harris tough contested shots to hit.

The team actually regained the lead while he was in the game and I think the coaches were willing to put him in there for the second time because they saw that he was actually rotating and making a effort on defense, his guy didn't score often on him. One time Harris tried to drive and was forced to pick up his dribble and pass it away.

He screwed up in the second, Probably trying to show everyone that he can score a bit too and really mishandled the ball lol.

5. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Miss Patterson but I think D-Mo is just as effective as a stretch 4. Just needs to get stronger defensively.

6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

No he shouldn't, but I made it a point to say that considering we are in the hunt for the playoffs. Robinson being maybe a little bit better than PPAT in the future is not something to gamble on. I am making my predictions based on his play, he seems to have small hands and lacks the sense of where to be on the court. Landry coming into the league wasn't refined, but he had that knack and what not and was able to practice enough to do well. T-Robb doesn't seem to have that..

7. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Horrible, premature thread. In games played so far, TRob and the Rockets are 1-1. PPat and the Kings are 1-2!

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

The kings are a FAR worse team. Its not like TRobb is doing too much for rockets winning or PPAT is doing enough to make the kings lose. That sort of comparison isn't too valid..

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's not. But that's how YOU feel about him, not Morey or other GMs.

But most NBA's front office obviously think he has the chance to be better than a borderline starter in Patterson since he fell to the Kings at #5. You have to remember that he was a projected top 3 pick but the Cavs took Waiters instead and the Bobcats took MKG.

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Lets see how the trade looks three years from now. This trade wasn't about improving the team this season. Everyone knows that the trade hurt this years team. Morey doesn't care anything about this years team, he's only concerned about building a championship team. The Rockets are probably two are three years away from contending for a championship. TRob has a small chance of developing into a big time player. PPat has Zero chance of developing into a big time player. If TRob is a bust, he can easily be replaced by someone who can play at least as well as PPat played. It's just not that hard to find a backup PF, and that's what PPat is.

Don't be concerned about this years team, it was never going to win a championship, with or without PPat. TRob is 21 years old, in two more years he will be the same age as Patterson is now. That will be a good time to judge this trade. Focus on the future, not so much on the present.

1 person likes this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Gotta say, I'm disappointed with T-rob so far. I know he needs more time but the dude just doesn't do anything on the court. He was there for 12 mins and only had 1 FGA, 2 rebs and 1 assist to show for it. He's just not active enough yet IMHO, and since he's not exactly the tallest guy out there he needs to make up for it by bringing more energy on the court.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's not premature. Some of us just recognize a problem earlier than the rest of us do. :p

13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Wouldn't it be more apt to compare D-Mo and Patterson?

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This!..

Results are longterm too. Hard to judge at this point. Even if the Rockets miss the playoffs this year cause of this move, if they develop an all-star caliber player long-term, its worth it IMO.

Again... its going to take time to accurately judge this deal.

15. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

This multiplied by 100 billion. People like Carl who claims to be some superior thread creator is absolutely ridiculous to start to start a thread after 1 game.

16. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I meant to say some people who claim that Carl is great at creating threads.....anyways i'm only confusing the masses even more.

Bottom line this thread is wack.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

We all get emotional and carried away at times. He's been a long time asset for this community. Also studying for the bar currently according to his twitter... Im sure his brain is fried right now. Lets cut him a break this one time.

18. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

19. Rox23

Rox23 Member

People who say that TRob is young, give him time, he will improve, need to put the matter into perspective. For improvement is a relative thing.

Look back over the years and study who has won the "Most Improved Player" award--and why. This year two of the top candidates are Parsons and Asik. Asik, because he has been given more playing time; and Parsons because he's a young player who has developed. However Parsons was a pretty good player last year too--good enough anyhow to make the starting lineup on a winning team and receive accolades from Kobe. Last year Parsons was "pretty good for a rookie;" this year he is playing like a future all star.

THAT is improvement.

However TRob's instance is different. I mean, when in recent memory has there ever been a guy with TRob's numbers after 55 games (i.e. borderline awful) who improved to the extent that a year or two later he was a borderline star? Never. NEVER. TRob would make history. He would be the first.

Meanwhile the NBA has seen plenty of top ten picks with great college careers and great physical attributes--just like TRob--who never spent more than a season or two in the NBA. Rockets fans should be acutely aware of this, having had...Johnny Flynn, Terrence Williams, Hasheem Thabeet, and Royce White on thier team.

Some projects take time; other projects don't work out at all. Morey likes to roll the dice--just like he did with White, TWill and JFlynn; and this was definitely some chance taking. Let's hope the kid works out. He's a Rocket now.

1 person likes this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't know if Sanders is a borderline star or not, but he's a elite defensive player and DPOY candidate... Big men DO take longer to develop.

Guards are like the Runningbacks of the NBA. They usually come right into the NBA and produce.

Big men are like QBs (well not recently..but historically) it can take some time before they really blossom.

Any ways T-rob is a Bust. For the Kings that is. He already busted for them since they traded him away, whether he's a bust in general it's just WAY WAY too early to tell.