1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Patterson vs. Thomas Robinson Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 27, 2013.

1. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Carl Herrera again."

2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Nothing to let you know your posts suck like being commended by JCDenton.

Congrats Carl.

3. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

My vote just instantly changed this thread from one star to two stars. U mad?

4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Such a rough opening for Thomas Robinson. Perhaps, Robinson is just another another Bustiejunas.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This Rockets team has the historical NBA low for midrange jumpers ever in a season. We mostly shoot 3s and inside the restricted area. We lose our only real midrange threat and it becomes wayyy easier to gameplan against us and make the offense look extremely 1-dimensional. PPat was money on those shots..he spread the floor and even hit 3s at a good rate (36%). We also lose Douglas who was our best guard defender and good 3 pt shooter. Morris was inconsistent but could hit timely 3s any given game. I know Morey was looking at the long term but it shouldn't have come at the cost of missing the playoffs now. We want the core to get some playoff experience and it's crucial they do not develop a losing attitude that so many other lottery teams have.

1 person likes this.
  6. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

In what way is D-Mo a bust at this juncture?

7. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

CH had a short phase during which, prior to the trade, every time one of us called for DMo to get time, CH would respond by calling him Bustiejunas. It was very similar to his current Robinson sucks crusade.

8. hotpotato

hotpotato Member

in today's game so far (1st half), TRob hasn't been effective on both ends. He got torched on defense, and his offense wasn't able to overpower his defender. But he's running hard, you can sense he's trying hard.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I forgot to mention PPAT was our best pick and roll defender. Compare that to D-Mo stuck in quicksand D.

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

This thread should be Patterson vs. D-Mo tracking thread.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

DMo is dominating in the "mistakes covering pick and roll" department.

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Damn Robinson is looking really bad...I am dissapont

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Robinson is a BUST. When was the last time a rookie that has looked as bad as Robinson has looked ever amounted to anything in the league. Not like Robinson is a teenager either.

Robinson will never be more than a bench player in the NBA.

Morey failed again.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Robinson literally turned it over to a Magics player's hand the few teams he was given the ball. He looks real real short for a PF too. At least Ppat had huge shoulders.

15. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

its hard for me to comment on TRob watching on a crappy stream but still....its very early in his career. You realize all the professional analysts call the Rockets one of the smart teams and rave about the position they are in. PPat and MM would probably be better this year in gaining a 7th-8th seed. So what? If he's a bust Morey will move fast..

16. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

this kid is really bad, and the team's defense is really bad, is there anything new?

17. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

DMo could haven't gotten his time with just the Morris trade. Not trolling but that was the best trade for the rockets that day for that reason. The other didn't need to happen.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know why GMs trade established players like PPAT for unproven rookies even if they were drafted high. Unless TRob has the insane desire and tenacity like Landry (which he doesn't seem to..) I think this was a doo doo trade. What is worse is the fact that we flipped Morris for a 2nd rounder, another established player.

One of the only people to call out this trade and say it wasn't a good idea at the time.

Even then, this is the NBA and players can completely change. We can't judge TRob as a complete bust but using probablilty this was bad for the rockets.

19. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Mother of God, just how BAD was his draft that this top 5 pick cannot play defense, run, shoot, or even hold on to the damn ball?

20. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I'm definitely pulling on my collar a little bit after tonight and how badly Robinson played.

I still think DMo's offensive skill, energy and effort are going to translate into improvement and into a serviceable PF who can replace between 80% and 125% of what Patterson gave us. (those figures provided by my hand reaching into my butt by the way) But the bench scares me, and the defense of DMo is terrifying.

It looks like a lot of Delfino at the 4 and a lot of me crossing my fingers.