1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Patterson the worst starting PF ever?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T-Mike, Jan 21, 2013.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I don't think I've ever seen such a bad rebounding PF, and we have 2 of them.

He is just astoundingly soft in all facets of the game. Even during the losing streak when everybody was playing like garbage, Patterson continued presence is the only one that bothers me.

D-Mo and Jones may both never amount to anything. But given all we know they at least deserve a chance, Patterson is just terrible. Morris is pretty awful also.

2. Velcromium

Velcromium Member

Maybe if had his jersey altered, so he wouldn't be messing with all throughout the game he might play better?

3. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Definitely top 5 in Rockets franchise history! A PF that cannot get 10 rebounds in every few games, is not a PF as far as I'm concerned.

4. teebone21

teebone21 Member

maybe we can get warrick or tyrus thomas from the bobcats. They do much better than patterson

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

No he isn't. Next question.

6. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

So we have one of the worst starting PGs and PFs? Good to know. ;)

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

We also have one of the worst offensive centers.

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

10. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

Rebounding isn't the problem for us, it's hard to get rebounds when the other team is shooing .500+

11. zilches

zilches Member

2Pat, unless he begins to play with some reckless abandon, is just toast at this point. He got pulled within the first handful of minutes.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

13. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

he's trying to find an under the rim game which does not suit him

he's no scola with footwork or the scoops, no more hook shots

go back to dunking every chance you get dammit!!!

14. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Well, Patterson is just garbage lately. He's so bad that he's shooting wide open air balls from 10 feet away instead of taking it hard to the basket... Patrick Patterson has been shooting a ton of air ball lately.

What really angered me about Patterson was that game against the Pacers. He bricked and air balled shots after shots during that game to the point where the Pacers just didn't bother guarding him anymore. Patterson was basically wide open all game long. The Pacers had 2 players chasing Harden around and Harden managed to make a good pass to a wide open Patterson. Even though he was completely wide open and all his teammates were heavily guarded, he passed up the wide open shot.

Patterson knew how bad he's shooting from outside, that's why he passed up an wide open shot to Parsons who was heavily guarded. Him passing up a wide open shot even though all his teammates were heavily guarded really frustrated me. But also, what he did after really got me boiling. After he passed up the wide open shot while all his teammates were guarded, he still stood there and did not attempt to cut to the basket or anything.

What's the point of him being out there on the court when he's passing up wide open shots but make no attempt to cut to the basket? He knows he's going to air ball that side 3 pointer anyway but why is he still standing there then?

Patterson avoids contact when he's going up for a layup. When he gets the ball like 10 feet away from the basket, he doesn't make any attempt to attack the basket and continues to settle for jump shots and air balled it... Even when he's going in for a layup, he's not aggressive and avoids contact, that's why he never goes to the line.

Marcus Morris is also terrible and frustrating to watch but Patterson is just much worst.

15. brick

brick Member

It's not all 2Pat's fault. The current system simply doesn't have a place for a real PF, which explains why Asik is overused and Jones never sees the floor.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Good power dunk. Though he's still had his dunking moments even after that. Which makes things more frustrating.

This was last year almost to the day after Patterson was playing through injury

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yJaaB8pz3w4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another one last year

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SRYj7WCuG-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

From earlier THIS season

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EmMhLU-JSb8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LAqz0ULOJYw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think its part injuries, part inconsistency in playing "big".

17. HTXcfs

HTXcfs Rookie

You cant blame his injuries for poor play. Dude plays weak D and has only snagged 10rebs TWICE this season (both times after his injury)!!

18. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Stromile swift?

19. CertifiedTroll

That was an impressive dunk, I really wish I could see that out of him now. But he has no explosion any more

20. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Patrick is the ultimate oxymoron, a finesse power forward. I've said it many times, the day he began shooting three's like he was Channing Fry I knew it wasn't gonna work.