1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Patterson Perfect Fit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, Dec 21, 2013.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I miss 2Pat. I never did warm to T. Rob b/c I was too busy being salty about that trade.

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

2Pat is averaging 50.5% FG% and 50.0% 3P% with TOR this season. He had 12 rebounds (5 OFF and 7 DEF) against Nets today, which just beat the Heats last night.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lowry and Patterson please. (Ross too...)

4. DH12sTeam

DH12sTeam Member

Indeed. Can definitely use his mid range jumpers and his outspoken mentality. Someone to tell it like it is.

5. SirKen

SirKen Member

You should have seen some of his rebounds. I was like "WTF?! Where were you last year when Houston had a PF crisis". Raptors board is completely in love with his play and it wouldn't surprise me if Ujiri tries to tie him down with a long contract.

6. hunter399

hunter399 Member

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Patrick Patterson is shooting less than 33% from the three point line and only attempts about 2 per game. So NO, he is not the perfect PF for this Rockets team.

Omri Casspi is the closest we have to the perfect PF but McHale doesn't even start him...

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

? Not sure if serious.

9. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

He has hit 25 out of 61. Most of us call that 41%, but that's not in line with the point you wanted to make, is it? Also, his percentage in Sacramento was artificially low, especially early in the year. Do you know why that is? Thought not.

10. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

zan tabak would be a perfect fit.

stupid thread is stupid

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Boki Nachbar the perfect fit

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Kevin Garnett DNP, was rested. Blatche being Blatche with the dumb fouls which meant Reggie Evans at center.

13. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

PPat would do fine here.

His range is well-suited, could play D, has size, was a piss poor rebounder but with Dwight here that's fine.

Regardless, I'm happy with Tjones. Yes, he has his bad games. But so does Dwight, so does James, so does Jeremy.

He's athletic, can put the ball on the floor, hit the open 3, play very good defense and is a good rebounder.

He's a 12/8/1.5 guy now that can be a 18/10/2 guy real soon. Once he gets some proper coaching on how to guard pick & rolls, where to be when Dwight catches it, and can familiarize himself with working with Jeremy, James, and Chandler, he'll be a very good PF for him.

Plus, he's cheap for right now.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

Inaccurate stats are inaccurate. You've yet to prove why he's the perfect fit. "Artificially low" is an "artificially BS" excuse. I guess his recent trend is "artificially high".

15. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

I agree with this! 100% how many times have we seen t.jones pull a crucial block that allowed us to win a game... or a crucial put back dunk... or a crucial rebound? this is are little things that ppat does not bring in the game...

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I really liked Patterson's approach to leadership and that he majored in that.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If Patterson ever returned to the Rox, just let him come off the bench.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

Perhaps if Jones made a J every once in a while, there wouldn't be a need for a "crucial rebound" or "put back"??

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

if only there was no such thing as the salary cap

Then we'd be playing against $150m teams from both LA and NY, but eh

20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

But we have Garcia, Aaron broke