1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Patterson=Antawn Jamison!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by robroy77, Mar 18, 2011.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

McDyess was a better rebounder, I think, but PatPat might develop a better jumper, with more range.

2. acjeitherocket

Antonio mcdyess = Brian McKnight lol

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Mc Dyess wasnt as fundamentally sound as Pat is. Even as a rookie Patterson is more fundamentally sound in his intangibles. His Basketball IQ seems real high. This could be key to him being a better player over a longer period of time than Mc Dyess was.

Basically the similar argument Battier supporters like to say. Only this time I think its more true because I do believe Patterson has a offensive game and passing ability to match his defense, rebounding, and all around skills. I do believe he will replace Scola and we will be a better team when he does. Now thats a strong statement already. Scola is the key to our future. He is the most valuable Rocket where we have the the future potentially most valuable Rocket playing behind him. So Scola is the key to any trade in the future if Morey wants. We have the guy here to replace him and a good reason as to why we would look elsewhere so as not to devalue Scola. We could keep Scola and Patterson. Lose Yao and have his money and some others come off the books and have money to sign ateam already made to support any Superstar. We could plug in any Superstar with this ready made team for him and it would be competing right away. We are already above 500 without Yao Mings money being used or Yao Ming type player in the lineup.

4. FullMetal Sage

Patrick Patterson reminds me of...Patrick Patterson. I wish people would stop with all the comparisons. Ask any player who they think their game is most similar and they'll say I play MY game.

5. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I like PPat and like the enthusiasm. But McDyess was a franchise player. I think a lot of you posters are not very knowledgeable of McDyess in his prime.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Milsap and West are pretty much what I'm thinking. Old school wise, buck williams type. Good player.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

people have no clue what they are talking about right now. It's like they started watching basketball 3 days ago.

8. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I hear what you are saying and I agree but if Patrick Patterson did not remind me of Patrick Patterson I would say he reminds me of Horace Grant or perhaps Buck Williams.

9. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Haha! True...

10. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

In this thread I see people saying Patterson reminds them of player x and/or player y. There has been many examples here, this thread embodies the whole alphabet. So I am going to say Patterson reminds me of a basketball player which is pretty much synonymous with this thread.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah... except Patterson is nothing like a young Dice.

12. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

I said it before at the time when he was drafted, and I will say it again now.

His ceiling, if he has the mind, the will and the discipline to push for it, is Karl Malone.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

First of all PP already has 3 pt range, he showed it in the D league when he hit some 3's. Secondly I don't want him going to the 3 pt line unless its a desperation play, let the guards take care of raining three's I want him banging in the paint and grabbing rebs. Finally I hope PP will be better than Jamison on the defensive end, Jamison is as soft as molasses and plays worse D than my dead grandma.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, these are 3 of the better back seat kind of players out there, eh? :).

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe PPat will never average 20 and 10 but he will come very close

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Pat Pat needs to learn some decent go to moves in the post before these comparisons are valid.

He plays good defence and hustles on the boards, but he doesn't really create his own shot. His offense comes from catch and shoot and putbacks

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Clearly those 3 don't have any dogs in them, maybe a chihuahua or a snorkie if at all... :grin:

18. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I think all of these comparisons are really ambitious. Whoever said he reminds them of Udonis Haslem seems right to me. He could be better than Haslem, but in the same mold. Legit starter, tough, good at all facets of the PF game, no part of his game at superstar level. As much as I love Chuck Hayes, that's even better than a Chuck Hayes, with elite-level defense, and somewhere south of elite-level offense.

19. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

Hopefully, as his game improves, you guys can also improve his nicknames. I'm cringing while reading PatPat and PPat in this thread.

Look, Patterson has shown promise, but at the end of the day, he's scoring 5 points a game. Can we reserve the comparisons until we have a larger sample?

20. yaomefoothurt

yaomefoothurt Member

kind of a akward one but what about a brandon bass comparision. super high energy good build and a good jump shot