1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverly: "I requested a trade from the Houston Rockets"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

Good for him. But he's going to get a wakeup call when he realizes he actually has to play PG with his limited abilities.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

His role was not small at all. In fact, it was perfect for him.

It would be small if he stayed behind Chris Paul. So that's that.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Zero problem with what Bev said. He busted his ass here and he wanted an opportunity to do more. He obviously wants that next payday and I hope he gets it.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Haven't really seen people say this.

CP3 - at worst - is just as aggressive and tenacious as Beverley.

And adding in Tucker.

I don't think it's much of a stretch to think we won't miss anything with Beverley being gone, and in fact have gotten a lot more mongrel in us this season than last.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  5. mig0s

mig0s Member

funny how @Pen15clubber liked your comment. By his join date and basketball knowledge, I doubt he even knows who Von Wafer is lol

Asian Sensation likes this.
  6. Asian Sensation

The 3 years when Bev was the starting PG he played 30 minutes per game. How much bigger of an opportunity did he want? During those 30 minutes he averaged 10 points and 3.2 assists per game. He also missed 25% of the games during those 3 seasons usually during the most pivotal times.

Getting to play next to Harden and MDA's system was the best thing that could've happened to him as it masked a lot of his weaknesses and relieved him of pressure from doing things he's not good at and focusing on his strengths.

Not being a hater but he's just not starting PG material. If they let Milos run PG duties and play him as the starting SG he'll struggle there as well. He can play all the minutes he wants with this bigger opportunity he's talking about but he'll have a hard time averaging more than 12 points and 4 assists. He's an offensively challenged player with severe limitations that made it with his grit and hustle.

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Means a lot coming from the dumbass who says Lin was traded for Chris Bosh lmaoooo

8. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Patrick will suffer the Harden effect just like Parsons, Asik, Dmo, TJ, etc

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I don't care. I've met the man. He loves this city like it's his home. He's cemented his legacy as an all-time Rocket.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Getting CP3 was great but part of me did feel sad at seeing Beverley leave. He was a fighter. But anyways, team always comes first.

The last time I felt this away about us losing a PG was when we lost Cassell in the Barkley trade.

In between, other that Francis, we have had some trash Point guards that I was more than happy to see leave. Even Francis, I was never too attached to.

11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Lulz.

Tell me anything he has done apart from having 'heart' that warrants having a legacy in Rockets history?

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Bev was a warrior for us, but he is very limited as to he can do. Wishing him the best of luck. Just hope he is not biting more than he can chew.

13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I like his fiery personality and me against the world, but is it controllable?. This past season, I guess we forgot that he confronted a guy who was cursing him which happens in most professional games (Beveley was fined for a pretty good change). Remember the Rolls Royce incident, or driving without registration? Hard worker he is, mentally he is not. MJ (6x Champ) has said, it is a mental game, not physical talent that to endure in the NBA. I guarantee you will hear Beveley again for stupid stuff.

#73 bloodwings19, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  14. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

I don't know the context of that statement, but it is true.

Lin was traded, to be able to take on Chris Bosh.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Yeah limited by the fact that, put aside his stellar defensive pressure, he scrapped for the ball and came out with loose ball or rebound sometimes outperforming the opposing front court combined. More like Beverly will surely be missed and was a critical piece for the Rockets success.

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Can't be mad about that.

17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, right. I love Wolverine, but I don't see him requesting a deal. Its just him getting his head right post facto.

18. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Nothing but respect for this man. And no resentment for saying whatever he needs to say. Sean Spicer definitely wanted more time with his family.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Love his heart, but Bev is not that talented as to overall skills. Great defender though. Can't blame him for wanting the big money. He was probably a better fit in Houston than anywhere he could go. Strange that he would request a trade.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't think it was the everyday casual heckling. a line was definitely crossed in that particular situation and if so i applaud him to doing what he did