1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley's Attitude.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by charles_zed, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

sad to see the continual pussification of the next generation.

imagine if twitter and facebook and all this social media crap took place during the 80s and 90s?

beverly did nothing wrong.

Its time to bring back some bad boys here in houston.

Im so sick and tired of the good old houston boy routines of the matt schaubs, gary kubiaks, and perennial playoff chokers biggio and bagwell.

2. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

As I said Beverley has got a lot of talent, it's just stupid for a rookie to be talking trash in garbage time.

He's already picked up two technicals, he's talented but he's out of line.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

no he is not. He didn't trash talk...the GSW teams attacked us. Did you not see this and the Flagrant 2 foul call.

He has an edge to improve and steal away a starting position on whatever team he is on. I wish Lin would develop an edge like that. I wish all our players would. This is basketball...not tennis.

#103 heypartner, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  4. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

its quite obvious you have never been a member of an athletic team before.

Beverly showed moxie tonight along with Marcus Morris who backed up beverly.

Both guys won big points tonight with their teammates.

You can bet your non sports playing ass that.

1 person likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What exactly did Beverly do wrong, except have a girl's first name as a last name? Well, the guy doesn't play like a girl, thank god (not that there's anything wrong with that!). So he dunked the ball and then gave the Warriors bench a stare for fouling him on the perimeter the previous possession, which was an obvious attempt to prevent the Rockets from getting the record. Big hairy ****ing deal. The weirdest thing about the whole escapade was how the officials freaked out and overreacted, in my humble opinion.

6. AbrahamLincoln

I hope he talks more trash. I hope this team develops some attitude as well. We need more of it. As long as he keeps playing well I don't care. I'm not a fan of dirty players but I like the trash talking and physical players.

More attitude please.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

exactly what I was gonna say

EVERY competitive person in the world would have done the same thing, especially after the crap GS pulled. I am GLAD Morris and Bev did what they did. That is what you should WANT your teammates to do

8. heypartner

For the Record

Beverly did not get a technical after getting clothes lined.

Marcus Morris did. Morris stuck up for Beverly and got the technical and ejection.

9. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

Players usually pick up technicals because they play with passion. I can't be mad at someone on my favorite team playing with passion. He's young so he can be prone to more technicals but they weren't in bad faith... he got overly excited, it wasn't malicious so I'm not mad.

10. just a word

just a word Member

from dreamshake:

Well....I have a different take, backed with some courtside video footage..
    I happened to to be sitting right next to the Warriors bench and while the Rockets were shooting free throws Mark Jackson instructed his players “if they try to shoot another 3, run through them!” It sounded to me like he was condoning physical harm. He said it twice, emphatically, he wanted the rockets players to hear it too. Unfortunately, I don’t have coach Jackson recorded saying that but It was shortly after that I started recording as the 3-point chants got louder.

I have video footage that starts just prior to Beverly’s dunk, the ref’s call on him taunting, then his 3-point attempt and the flagrant foul and subsequent technical fouls called. The video runs 9 minutes long. About midway through the recording after the technical fouls were assessed, Jarrett Jack is walking towards us when my buddy starts to ask him some prodding questions, surprisingly he actually started talking back saying “we’ll see y’all again in a week!” and in response to my buddy asking him what he thinks about Rockets nearing the record for threes “Yall ain’t gettin’ no record tonight…ya’ll try to shoot anymore threes…ya’ll get smacked in ya’ll mother ****in’ face again…”

Later after the game concludes, you see Rockets Assistant coach J.B. Bickerstaff have some more words with Jarrett Jack around half-court, and they had to have a couple people between them as they exchanged words. It wasn’t just competitive edge. An order was given from the coach to go from play to pay.

by Nobody is Better Than Jordan on Feb 5, 2013 10:46 PM PST up reply actions 3 recs​

11. heypartner

But Beverly did not get a technical, except for the lame taunting. Morris got the technical that cleared the benches.

12. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

i believe that 100%.

13. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

I was talking about Beverly.

14. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Lol I play plenty of competitive sports, I just don't talk trash.

15. heypartner

can you imagine if Doc Rocket's cryptic thing comes true and we have Garnett on the team for the next GSW game....

popcorn watching will ensue

16. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

The hard foul happened after the dunk & taunt.

17. heypartner

that's fine...but basketball and football players do.

a l l    t h e    t i m e

Are you being a tennis or golf snob here?

Maybe we should rephrase this...it's obvious you have never played basketball or football. how about that

18. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

you must really suck then.

there's a difference between playing sports for fun and playing for a team (high school, college, pro).

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Badminton doesn't count bro

1 person likes this.
  20. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Too bad Greg Smith didn't roll with Beverly in attempt to break the rim with a monster dunk that would further keep the warriors on the court. They were playing a 4-1 zone out there to protect the arc.