1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley's Attitude.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by charles_zed, Feb 5, 2013.

1. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Good for Bev - I like see more of that emotion.

2. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love his attitude. We need that fire. That season with Ron Artest was easily the most fun in the last decade. Ditto having bulldogs like Alston and Lowry. It's good to have one or two guys like that on the team.

3. Arthurprescott2

Bogut just about jumped out of his seat when Bev dunked and stared down GSW bench. That kinda stuff doesn't fly in this league. He does that against BKN, MIN, LAL, or ATL we might need to put him into protective custody for a while.

But overall I give him a pass. Guys barely making it into the league need an edge of some sort.

4. LivinLikeLarry

He reminds me a lot of Aaron Brooks without the "Cold Blooded!" three point shot.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't mind it normally, but I do think it's pretty classless to taunt teams late in the game when you're up by some stupid amount like he did tonight.

There's a difference between trash talking to get in an opponent's head during a tight game, and rubbing salt in the wound after you've humiliated the other team with a blowout. One is being a tough competitor... the other is just being a bad winner.

1 person likes this.
  6. New Generation

I don't mind it. I'm glad to see some back bone on the team, which is something I missed in Artest.

7. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

That's Patrick Beverley. He's very confident, cocky, and a little immature. I really like some of the things he does on the court. He's not someone that's going to back down to anyone. I'd rather have a PG that's cocky and tough than a PG that lacks confidence and is afraid to mix it up.

What he did tonight though was just wrong, and I'm sure he will hear about it from McHale.

8. gate470

gate470 Rookie

lol!

I like his passion.

9. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Member

What Breavely did was nothing wrong, he got the jam... was happy and intense. It showed he has passion... the only thing I have a problem with is that it will be used as fuel for GSW against the Rockets since that pissed them off

10. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I like this guy.

11. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

You gotta be around before someone can learn from you.

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he has fire thats good. he's new to the league, give him time...if he ever gets time

13. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Member

just dont do that to Artest... thats like asking for a flying elbow to the head

1 person likes this.
  14. AFS

AFS Member

Trash talking is a part of the game. He's a fine fit for this team.

15. rocketblood713

hes what this team needs big time heart when he plays

16. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

17. nadman89

nadman89 Member

r u kidding me u want him to shutup after getting clotheslined i love the guy , nba guys should b hard not p*****s love it , do u really look for small things to make a thread out of r u kidding me

18. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

this is team that took a chance with Peace..err Artest. We need at least one guy with fire. speaking of fire.. anyone have a link to the dunk yet?

19. Mariachi ROCKET

I really like it... Let your balls hang even though youre barried on the bench!

20. booster rocket

I know he is pumped up and all dunking in the NBA, who wouldnt be, but to taunt in garbage time in front of the opposing players bench is a bit stupid and probably cost us a few more shots for the NBA record. The upside is we now got a legit rivalry for the rest of this season!

Now, mook I am proud of.