1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley's Attitude.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by charles_zed, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Rocket Booster

No. I sure the hell I never said anything like that.

But I DID predict he would cause injuries during the playoffs, in this and another thread. Because that's what he does.

2. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I LOL at the OP comments.. are you serious ?
    A bad attitude?
    He is the kind of player every team wants and needs to get them over the hump. I'll give you examples of teams that needed that player.
    Mario Elie
    Dennis Rodman with bulls
    James Posey Celtics
    Tyson Chandler Mavs
    Shane Battier Heat
    Ben Wallace Pistons
    I could keep going but I'll stop because I have better things to do, but my point being this.
    To win a championship, you need a garbage player. The get under the skin of the other team player. Do the little things player. His hustle will not show up on the box score, and if you dont like him OP then find another team, I am sure 99 percent of us like him.

3. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

links and proof of this?

going for ball on playoffs = intent to harm a player? Really? are you a Lin fan lol

4. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

seems like a pretty standup guy to me.. even smiles after Westbrick slaps his hand away.

[​IMG]

5. TheJet

TheJet Member

Riiiiight... Because he's caused so many injuries with his reckless play in his career. I'd love to see you back that up with facts. Let's see this laundry list of players injured by Patrick Beverley.

He's not undercutting guys. He's not laying out back picks on players that aren't looking. He's not tripping people. He's not throwing elbows (Perkins). He's not stepping on people. He's playing tough defense. In your face, trash talking, tough defense. Gary Payton anyone? I guess he was a dirty, injury causing player too.

I've seen enough of your posts to know where you stand on the Lin stuff, but I at least had held out hope that you were a Rockets fan. Oh well.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I've heard it a million types. "He's the type of guy you'd like to have on your team but hate if you're the opposition." (Bruce Bowen, Ron Artest, Matt Harpring, Kendrick Perkins, etc etc).

I guess it's nice to have "that" guy on the Rockets.

7. TheJet

TheJet Member

I said that to someone at work today. You're right. But until I see Patrick play flat out dirty I'm not going to call him dirty. Simple as that.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Please show us the list of players that Beverly intentionally tried to take out or injure. Until then, STFU.

9. Rocket Booster

Everything Beverley did was an accident, due to hitting guys hard during play, going for steals.

10. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

This. this p***y ass team needs some attitude if anything. we don't have anyone that rages hard. actually I like Tjones he seems to rage hard everytime he plays I like his intensity. everyone else is whatever

11. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I'm lovin Beverly. It is sad and unfortunate Westbrook got injured but Beverly plays with passion and fire. He isn't out there undercutting people and trying to play dirty by pulling 'real' cheap tricks like Bowen or even Perkins did with that hand hold. Those are cheap tricks.. Beverly just hustles and plays as hard as possible

He was obvisoley going for the ball and not Westbrooks knee

1 person likes this.
  12. YaosDirtyStache

YDS take on Beverly?

Amazing pick up. When he was first signed I didnt know what to think, but when Tony was moved and he got real minutes I was again in love with Morey and what I feel is the SINGLE BEST analytic squad in all of sports. The man finds gems, in fact I cant even call them gems any more...I am completely confident in EVERY move Morey makes.

How can anyone hate on our GM? He doesnt only find value he finds legitimate NBA players. Hell even the move for TWILL wasnt bad, TWill was, and is, a complete player...just beefed with our coach and couldnt find his niche.

Beverly will be a guy the NBA has to look out for. He is humble, he hustles (he seems to be near every loose ball) he has a pitbull mentality I loved in Lowry, and he isnt an awful shooter either.

If it wasnt for my hope in Lin I would say this kid deserves to start on most NBA teams.

13. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

this shouldnt change your opinion on whether or not he should start on most NBA teams....

but still...i dont think he's at THAT level...to run an NBA team...if he gains some weight then yes...he is a little frail at this moment....

14. YaosDirtyStache

I meant most as in...he shouldnt start on this team. Not yet at least. Theres a little thing called Chemistry and we all know Lin is boning Parsons and maybe sometimes they let Harden watch.

Never underestimate the heart of a bromance.

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Beverley looks like Wesley Snipe w/ that smile trying to shake Westbrook's hand.

16. larry cook

larry cook Member

bev has our respect for playing displaying passion and guts, you my friend would prefer a push over, over the Gladiator Spirit? Theirs always tough nosed players on teams such as Vernon Maxwell, Charles Oakley, Sprewell, Cassel, Reggie Miller, Bird, Barkley, Anthony Mason, Faried, David West, Tony Allen, or Rodman to name a few, all played scrappy but also with an extra edge which took the opposing player out of their game at times. Everyone's different, some people are soft and some are tough but bev isn't dirty if that's what your trying to suggest. Defense sets the tone, you can't always run and gun your way through a game sometimes you need players like bev for games like were in now. If your looking for dirty players try looking up Karl Malone or Bruce Bowen.

17. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

nothing dirty about that play..

tough and physical.. but its playoffs...

18. dragonz

dragonz Member

Barkley, is this you?

19. likestohypeguy

You need a little thug.

Don't waste your time. Demanding to win is already a tall task. People who demand winning AND doing it with a roster full of choir boys are dreaming.