1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Patrick Beverley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wfeebs, Mar 5, 2013.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Who didn't see that coming.

2. Rocket Booster

Are you claiming Beverley is a better player than Spanoulis?

3. gah

gah Member

Would any of those guys sign for the minimum and with no guarantees? Didn't think so. Beverley is an exception in wanting to take that risk and much less money.

4. Rocket Booster

Yes. I am sure some of them would.

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I had a feeling Rocket Booster was OHMSS, but now I'm almost positive.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Are you claiming a 30 year old player who failed to adapt to the NBA would be a better option for this team than the current 24 year old Beverly?

7. Rocket Booster

Yes. By light years. Beverley was a third string point guard when he played in Euroleague. I'm not sure people understand this. No doubt he's a good player, and I've always liked his game actually.

But I can't go this "give the Rockets credit" for signing what amounts to a fairly average point guard from Europe. There are guys much better, and that I am pretty sure would take even less money than he did.

This forum hates Spanoulis.why even single him out? Lots of other guys in Europe are also way better than Beverley.

8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Tell us how you feel about Ricky Rubio.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You do not account many factors.

Stephon Marbury dominated the CBA. He outplayed some current NBA players during the lockout in the CBA, does that mean Stephon Marbury would be an ideal NBA player?

I do believe that V-Span would thrive more in the Euroleague department than Beverly, but taking into account age and needs, Beverly is the better choice.

10. Rocket Booster

Spanoulis is vastly better in any league. Notice I listed a bunch of guys not named Spanoulis? I'm not going to mention the name Spanoulis again in this thread actually. Because he's just one of many guys that would be way better NBA players than Beverley.

11. gah

gah Member

Wrong.

12. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

What? Bobby was a solid defender. He wasn't like a Tony Allen or Doug Christie but he wasn't a liability either.

As for the comparison I can kind of see it but Bobby was much better at getting to the rim. Better finisher as well. I haven't seen if Bev can sustain his shooting % so i'll give the edge to Bobby.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't know enough about the other guys to comment, but I do know that V-Span struggled to find a place in the NBA. Beverley took little time to fit in.

So in terms of the NBA Beverley has had more success.

14. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Cool story OHMSS

[​IMG]

15. proudfoot

proudfoot Member

It's important to note that, in order to sign players from Europe, those players must have declared for the draft and are currently NBA free agents. We can't just sign anyone.

This puts a limit on who we can bring over.

16. Rocket Booster

There is absolutely zero doubt at all that guys like Hodge, Brown and Gavel would sign with the Rockets for the minimum salary. ZERO DOUBT.

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

You are showing a lack of knowledge.

VSpan had his shot at the NBA and could not even come close to cutting it. You have been exposed as a sports fraud.

18. zzpot

zzpot Member

There was a link to his life story at one point, it was even posted here with Arthur Agee .. AKA Hoop dreams, Hoop reality or something like that.

His motor is great. His Handle is great. His D is great. He drives the lane, he passes well, he shoot every well.

19. zzpot

zzpot Member

Sorry... but AB could take some playing time from this nice young player. AB is a vet and if he worms into the plot of the game and can run, dis the ball, and still hit the crazy 3's... Look out.. PB off the beach "has way more of a spark" on the D side than AB,... But, what if you can team them up to play at the same time??

Holy Bat cables Bat Man!!

20. zzpot

zzpot Member

why he can no be the new glove??:confused::mad: