1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley will start in Game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CasaDolce, Apr 24, 2013.

1. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Strange comment. Parsons, Beverley and Asik are our best defenders and they all play different positions. All Harden has to do is block out Ibaka (MUCH easier said than done...) and all Lin has to do is make sure Sefolosha doesn't get the three ball.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

yes!!! I was actually not going to watch the game..

3. Arthurprescott2

Gutsy move by McHale #Respect

4. koalaznbear

koalaznbear Member

So far Beverly is stepping up at the opportunity that has presented itself. I am very impressed by his intensity.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Let coach be coach :p

6. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

McHale looking like a genius.

7. CertifiedTroll

New meaning of LOF.. Lin Only Fails..

1 person likes this.
  8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Lin is doing good.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They wont bench Lin because of the large role he plays on this team, but he needs to be because he isn't adjusting to this atmosphere. Brooks and Andersen should be playing more of those minutes.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Rockets getting great, unpredictable ball movement with three guard lineup. Lots of variance.

11. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Beverly put us on his shoudlers, led an amazingt comeback.. and then 4 minutes 30 seconds left... he no longer controls the offense.. Either Harden or Parson.. and all is lost UNTIL!!!! 1 minutes left and beverly once again controls the offense and we make one more last push

12. Ozzy

Ozzy Member

The Amazing Beverly. wow. but i am worried his game is based too much on hustle and not enough on skill. I mean is it sustainable over a 82 game season playing starter minutes? either way i am enjoying the ride :)

13. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Outrebounded OKC 57-40!

14. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

[​IMG]

15. lwlee

lwlee Member

It's called athleticism. Bev is just a little quicker than most guys plus you add his extra effort hustle. It shows not only in that amazing rebound stat but also how he was able to get the OFFENSIVE rebound and make the putback. Geez a guard doing that in the interior! Puts the bigs (i'm looking at you Asik/Smith) to shame.

It's tough getting starter minutes in the NBA. Each year, another crop of college or euro superstars comes in the draft. But if anyone can put that type of hustle out there for 82 games, it's Beverley. Dude has done it EVERY minute I've seen him and I've seen ALL the Houston games.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Westbrook struggles against athletes who are as quick or nearly as quick as him, Beverly and Dragic last year - then he whines about it and plays below his normal level.

Good move McHale.
    DD

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I let them post up Ibaka on Harden and then force him to the baseline and trap him with Lin off of Tabo. This will cause them to run the offense thru Ibaka because they believe the have a disadvantage. I don't think Ibaka can pass effectively out of the post (double team) and this will challenge him to make quick decisions.