1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley=Unsung hero

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, Nov 28, 2016.

1. hakeemthagreat

I REALLY like Montrez and Bev out there together. The chances of us winning go up with them 2 stirring up ish

Pen15clubber and topfive like this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Remember that steal and layup. That counts as 1 steal and 2 points on the scoreboard but doesn't take into account the situation of the game and the Rockets desperately needed that.

Bev has the occasional offensive rebound, an important steal etc all at key moments in the game that have a greater impact than what the box score suggests.

hakeem94 and topfive like this.
  3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Seriously, Pat has been the difference maker! He's so much of an upgrade over Ennis. Plays well with Harden and Gordon, makes smart plays, hustles, and he's even shooting the ball well! Just wanted to bump this as a reminder that he is the heart and soul of this team.

4. Rockets4Life13

It really depend on your definition of heart and soul. We wont win 30 games without harden. We will win atleast 45 without beverley. i love Beverley and what he brings to the team, but harden is our difference maker and the leader.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Beverley and Ariza are our henchmen.

They do all the dirty/technical things to win games.They are the players necessary to win in the playoffs.

This team needs one more play maker for me to feel comfortable saying they will be competitive with the Warriors in the WCF or second round.

6. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

His defense had slacked off last season, probably due to not being 100% healthy.

That sweeping sky hook over plumlee a few games ago with the shot clock running down was epic, as well as his takedown of MDA.

His floaters are looking good also.

[​IMG]

TheMystery008, DonKnock and alethios like this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We need something for our mid-fourth quarter before Harden comes back in. Maybe Anderson at 5, Trez at 4, Dekker 3, KJ (only minutes during the game) at 2, Bev 1?

Something needs a tweak to make our 4th quarter energy plateau or rise just before Harden comes in and leads the rest of the way.

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I like Harden for being the constant shining light giving us rockets fan the hope of playoffs and a ring
    I like Ariza for being reliable on defense and the threezas
    I like Our two rookies Harrell and Dekker for outperforming and making our bench game strong
    I like Gordon for picking up the slack and carrying us when Harden is off from the bench
    I like Capella and Nene for having better hands, synergy and attitude than Dwight the cancer
    I like Brewer for never giving up and trying his best, even when he does dumb stuff.
    I even like the other two bench player Ennis and Kj for being gud cheerleaders
    BUT,
    Bev is the player I love the most on the Rockets, if u guys were paying attention to when Bev first arrived, he was an undrafted "rookie", who went to Europe to get better. Playing in harsh environment he honed his skills to be a defender. When he first played with the Rockets, he had to adapt to Harden, he gave up his role as point guard and became a 3 point shooter/defender. His most notable assist pattern was driving to basket, make a loop around the basket and pass it out. But Bev would hone his skills to make himself even more useful to the team, doing whatever he can to make himself useful whether it's offensive rebounds, steals, and 3 pointers. Now bev is doing everything for the team, has the nice bounce pass from pnr, and developed floater/consistent 3. I honestly wish bev would stay a rockets forever. GO ROCKETS!

I always found the lin vs. bev in clutchfans stupid, one player knew he his place in the team and adapted to harden, to make himself useful and one player still think he's clutch and airballs 3.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Well while I agree and commend your spotting his 'intangibles' or values there are other things that dont show up in stat sheet ie he cant beat anyone off the dribble, create or do almost anything that normal PG do with ease and regularity :)

11. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

what does offensive rebound rate mean? rate per missed shot?

12. GranvilleWaders

I definitely don't disagree with what Beverly can do. But I think equally and maybe even more important is when Beverly returned it allowed Gordon to do what he is doing especially when Harden is not on the floor. Gordon has since become Sixth Man of the Year. He also is the source of offense when Harden is not on the floor and of course closes games with Harden.
    Before Beverly came back scoring with harden of. the bench was horrid. When Beverly came back in conjunction shifting Gordon makes us very competitive even when Harden is on the bench.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Space City

Space City Member

This thread needs to keep going all season. It should be as popular as that old DMo X Factor thread.
    He finished with 13p/11r/8a tonight and the Rockets are now 14-2 since his return.
    Never stop appreciating Beverley.

hakeem94 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Before Ariza's game tying 3, Wolves on offense loose ball in Wolves player hand

Beverley snatches ball from him, opponent strips it away, then Bev grabs it away AGAIN the 2nd time, gains Rockets one last chance possesion.

If opponent secures the ball the game is lost. The extra gear was the difference

15. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

That's the Bev that we knew that broke into the rotation and got the starting nod. The Bev in between was a waste. This is the Bev we know, extra effort, disciplined D, and someone you do not bet against. We've missed this Bev.

Shroopy2 likes this.
  16. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

P-Bev is the hero Houston deserves.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Rocketeer4Life

Bev was the MVP of this game vs the Wolves.
    Most of our closest wins were because of his defense, hussle and steals.
    He needs more credit!

saleem and topfive like this.
  18. HookemHorns1250

Offensive rebounds, steals, forced turnovers. This guy pretty much FORCES you to up your game even just a little on defense or you will look pretty pathetic.

Dekker has the same mentality as Bev does. Doesn't really care who he's going up against. Goes flying in for big offensive rebounds, plays 100 percent as of that's the only gear he knows.

It's great to have guys like these on the team. Add Ariza's defense, and Capela's continued progress, and you actually have some defensive fire power to go along with a lot... offensive fire power.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Beverley is everywhere!! The good quick no dumb fouls overly aggressive BEV is back :) has his mark on every close win

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Someone gif that play last night where he dove on the floor & got that crucial loose ball