1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley starting (again), Jeremy 6th man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketPowerNick, Nov 7, 2013.

1. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Not surprised. Set the tone defensively in the beginning have Lin be a spark off the bench.

Its not about who starts its all about who finishes.

Mchale will hopefully ride the hot hand on any given night to end the game. Hopefully he will give both a chance to show what they can do to finish games.

2. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

The coaches highlight Bev's defense, and McHale says he doesn't do much wrong on defense.

By the same token, interviews with Morey (and Bev, for that matter) highlight Lin's offense and playmaking. Morey said in an interview "We have two very good options in terms of primary ball handlers," Harden and Lin.

How is this anything but a fit issue?

3. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Asik has been on the bench for a while.

4. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

you sure? Better offense?

5. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

Pretty sure McHale will ride the hot hand only if its Beverley.

6. afk

afk Member

So, we have the final X-Men ready to assemble?

7. Gil

Gil Member

Smartest decision McHale has made all year. Thank God.

8. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

LOL, I was waiting for Mchale to pull his trigger.

Bang! "Improved to the bench again!!"

9. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

The funny thing is the first unit needs more offense than defense. They're already good defensively, just can't score.

10. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

haha, that is the feeling.

11. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

Why is this news?

12. conquistador#11

bev isn't setting any tone against lesser pgs let alone steve nash, well steve nash is 59 so there is that. The defense will always begin and end with the talents of dwigh and asik.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Hope they both have big games tonight. I don't know why I'm so nervous about the effing Lakers. :-/

14. Play07

Play07 Member

Mchale today on BEV/LIN (chron)

We’ll see how with Patrick starting and Jeremy coming off the bench, hopefully we get some punch there.” Lin has averaged 15.2 points and 4.4 rebounds, making 53.3 percent of his shots. “Jeremy’s been playing really well,” McHale said. “I said this earlier. I thought at the end of the summer, we worked out together and he looked better than at any point last season just physically. I think he’s comfortable with who he is. I think he has played better this year. He’s thrust to the basket, he’s breaking people down, he’s doing exactly what we want him to do. His defense is better, his confidence. I’m really excited about Jeremy, how he can help our team.”

15. rocketblood713

doesn't matter they will both end up playing a lot in this game

16. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

lol he finally did it. lucky it's the last year of his contract. hope next year Morey land Phil or at least Stan.

17. Remii

Remii Member

Jermey played well when he was starting... Looked better than he did last year. Bev looked good coming off the bench the other night. Lin is just going to have to embrace the Harden OKC role... He'll still get his minutes _ Bev sometimes likes to foul...

18. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Never got a chance to test this line up out due to Bev's injury in the first game. Looking forward to seeing how this works out. I like the idea of a FRESH Lin coming in mid-late in 1Q pushing the tempo with Garcia and Casspi while Harden and one of the towers gets to rest. Our 2nd Unit should be top notch with Lin leading the gang. I really hope he continues with his play and can bring that 6th man award home. Houston hasn't really had someone with that ability in quite some time....

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am no LOF at all. I hope Beverly will do a great job, but I feel Lin should start. He takes pressure off from Harden, so he can concentrate on scoring and gives us another scoring threat at the same time.

Bev gives defense,but Harden has to handle the ball,pass and score at the same time which is not an easy task.
    McHale will eventually have to decide who will be the starting PG. We can't have two starters.
    His words (not mine).

20. Rox7

Rox7 Member

Jlin is better from stats I saw

1 person likes this.