1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley selected for the NBA Skills Challenge at All-Star Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

First of all..
    congrats to Beverley aka Wolverine

2nd..
    don't embarrass yourself

mainly..
    don't embarrass Houston

1 person likes this.
  2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

thats the new age of fans. there is no real loyalty anymore. its a "what have you done for me lately" attitude. we need more people like you, too much negativity everywhere

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Remember the pain we felt during the dunk contest when Cuttino was supposed to pass the ball to Franchise? Remember how long it took? Remember face-palming the TV with head bowed because you just couldn't watch anymore as, of all people, Franchise began to instruct Cuttino how to pass? "OK, so you have the ball, right? And I'm gonna come running toward the basket. When I'm at the top of the key, lob it up to about here..."

(writing on notepad) "Found quicksand on tracks, tell them I said 'ow!!!!', got it!"

"Patrick Beverly" and "skills" do not belong together in a sentence, much less an actual competition.

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Makes perfect sense. He is by far one of the most skills challenged starting PG's in the league

5. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

This really is perfect, I needed the laugh.

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Do you remind you the same thing when you go to Taco Bell in NY to get a taco?

7. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

He got beat by the contestant at the games.......what makes him think he can go against NBA players....

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Why is John Wall bowing out?

Anyway, hopefully he does well, maybe it'll increase his trade value, lol.

9. theredbackpack

y'all are so negative it's gross. beverley has dropped off this season but lookie here, zach lowe still has nice things to say about his defensive effort:
    http://grantland.com/the-triangle/t...eakdown-of-old-school-bulk-and-new-era-skill/

in an ideal situation he's our backup PG. he's our (flawed) starter for now. i think the fact that coaches picked him when wall bowed out is a huge vote of confidence. be more optimistic about this. he is not a scrub.

10. knucklehead3321

Its like dorsey being in a FT challenge. I'm sorry no hate toward Bev but there are much better options than a good backup pointguard. Props to a rocket being included but terry or even canaan would have a better chance. I'll eat crow if he actually wins...

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

That's a damn shame man seriously, go Bev! We know he's struggling and it's starting to be a major concern, there is no denying that but hell let him go out and have some fun hell he might even do some work, it's just all star weekend at the end of the day, what really matters comes in April. Ya fd up on this one, he still a Rocket. Eat wolverie!!

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I hope this isn't a serious post, but I fear it is.

13. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Any analysis from a guy who freaked out over not trading for Mo Williams is invalid.

14. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Lmao pat Beverly sucks

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Willing or bet you were the same one wanting him to start over Lin last year, or loved his defensive presence last year amirite

16. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

You guys are haters. Bev good luck man rep Houston and keep hustling and loving the game like you do every night

17. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Well he played really well for us last year, and deserved his start. This year not so much. Your boy Lin isnt doing much better though.

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

my boy Lin? Lol chill, love Bev and admire his work ethic, not denying the fact that he's been garbage lately but to laugh at him for making a competition that isnt even that serious, gotta chill.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Beverly is bound to get hate while he's there, so let's at least try to be supportive here. Embarrass Houston? We've won one playoff series in 2 decades, that ship has sailed. Let Bev go out there and have some fun and represent Houston in another aspect of AS weekend.

Although I do believe this makes it more likely he gets traded, rockets are not going to pay him market value , and he's due for his payday .

1 person likes this.
  20. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Oh he definitly doesnt deserve to be in the skills competition. I was just commenting on you talking about Bev starting last year, which he did earn with his play on the court. This year though is another story.