1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley/Scott Brooks/Referee Altercation?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Andrew Wiggins

It's obvious he doesn't know much about the NBA. Maybe not to you.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah ok I'll question whenever I want and leave it at that. as a player I see where other people are coming from when they are talking about beverley. I'm not just gonna disregard all the little antics just because he plays for houston. a player you would love to have on your team but hate going against. and for the record I didn't even think the wb incident was dirty. just an unfortunate incident as pb was clearly going for the ball.

3. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

It was a terribly officiated game by a terrible crew. How many of those guys do you ever see reffing in the playoffs? Maybe Kennedy occasionally gets an eastern conference first round series on NBATV.

They let the game turn into a physical slugfest so of course things are going to eventually escalate. Of course all this is a moot point if we just hit a couple threes.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

haha thats funny, coming from who? like you're someone to be the one to judge lol

5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Yeah, I'll cop to interpreting it badly initially and posting a panicked denouncement of Beverley's professionalism in the game thread myself. But getting the chance to replay it, I think your interpretation was dead on here.

And Brooks is such a politician. Spinning his own temper into "isn't Patrick Beverley such a b*stard?"

6. alethios

alethios Member

OKC is clearly trying to compensate for not having Durant & Westbrook by playing dirty, especially towards Beverley. They almost seem to be targeting him which if Brooks condones it, is grounds for suspension, similar to NO Saints.

7. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

LOL! scott brooks was already next to bev before beverly even got close the the ref. he had nop business being all the way down there he was harassing the reffs as much as any other player.

8. Andrew Wiggins

The difference between Beverley and guys like Rondo, Barnes, Bruce Bowen, and Adams is one thing. Beverley is not dirty. I don't mind a little fierce competition. That's what the game is about. I do mind it when dirty play is involved. There is no place for that in basketball.

You might not like his antics, but I don't mind it when he gets the crowd riled up. Sure, sometimes it may cost us a foul or a free throw here and there, but that's how he plays. I can't knock any player for giving 100% on the court.

Also, I just can't take anyone with the username YOLO seriously. I can easily guess your age and from that I know you probably don't know much history about the game. I wouldn't take it personally.

9. Andrew Wiggins

Everyone always said we would hate Scola and Battier if they played for another team. I still like and respect their game.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

never take it personally around here. this is the last place to lol. again so quick to come to conclusions when you have no clue. it's always the ones that assume so quickly that show that they "think" they know so much.

11. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I don't consider Beverly dirty. There is a line between hard nosed annoying D and calling someone dirty. He just plays with such intensity that it really gets at the other players and that's exactly what you want happen. He has brought out the worst in other PG's by getting them to get flustered and really have to work for their shots. Some players just can't deal with it.

Having said that I am glad he is on our team, because I would definitely hate him on another team because he would get under your skin.

OKC has some nerve talking about dirty players when they have Adams, who everyone in the league knows is brought in to just get a technical foul and try and hurt someone. I can't remember the number of times he did that last year, come in and do dirty things to get a rise out of players and just walk away. It's blatantly obvious.

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I have a hard time believing the ref wouldn't have given him a tech if Bev was coming at him aggressively. It looked aggressive the way he stepped, but generally you don't twist your head and show someone your ear when your trying to get in their face. A little awkward maybe, but it just seemed like someone trying to hear someone else. It seems like Bev does that a lot in games - makes me think if maybe he doesn't have hearing damage in one or both of his ears.

13. DreamWarrior

DreamWarrior Member

oh I understood it just fine I'm just amazed at the support level from some of you douchebags. y'all should be amped this season, not makin' stupid ass comments about our team. PS I wouldn't hate bev if he was on another team its obvious he has heart and is not playing cheap like barnes, artest and steve blake

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

how dare you call artest a cheap player. did you cheer for him when he was playing for houston? if not you're not a true fan.

15. DreamWarrior

DreamWarrior Member

nowhere in my post did I praise bev (even though he is one of my favs)
    I merely pointed out the bull**** bein' posted on this forum comin' from supposive Rocket fans....
    besides if you were any good at the sport instead of a halfass fan you would recognize the difference in playing cheap and playing with heart......obviously bev has HEART

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Go ahead and tell me I don't know ish about the NBA, blah blah blah -- b/c I wouldn't place Bev and Rondo in the same category. I think Rondo is a legitimate a-hole, which I actually don't really mind -- and I think Bev is a genuinely nice guy who just lives for being a pest/irritant from tip-off to buzzer. I probably wouldn't like him if he played for another team, and I'm not sure how that makes me a bad fan lol. He IS irritating, and we just happen to be on the right side of it.

That said, he is still bae and I remain Helen Keller to any Patrick Beverley slander from anybody outside of Red Nation looking in.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

you do realize you can be a rockets fan and look at the game in other perspectives. doesn't make you any more of a fan than anyone else.

18. DreamWarrior

DreamWarrior Member

I started being a heavy Rockets fan during the 08-09 season and ofcourse I cheered for him but after he got traded and I started to see the bull**** he would pull I lost all respect for him. people think hes tough but he just bullies people smaller than him. he didnt do **** to B. Wallace when he got in his face. he sat his ass down on the court side announcer table and picked a fight with a drunk fan.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

how ironic isn't it

20. alethios

alethios Member

lol the way this thread is deteriorating. I'm the Rockets' locker room is not like this.