1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley/Scott Brooks/Referee Altercation?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Nov 16, 2014.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Never to Barnes; and SA is, at best, a glorified hatchet man (hiding behind Aussie cool).

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Next time the NBA should assign better referees

3. DreamWarrior

DreamWarrior Member

:mad:DUDE! Am I reading y'all correctly? what kind of Rocket fans are y'all?

"Id hate bev if he wasnt a rocket"

"I want matt barnes on our team"

and someones signature is "Dirk=GOAT"

dudes need to scram to a laker or a dallas forum

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty sure if beverley was a thunder doing this to harden, you wouldn't be praising him.

5. dragician

dragician Member

of course pu$$y Durant and his thunders were so sensitive about this..

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Quit posting, clueless moron. It's clear you do not understand the meaning of that sentence. You need to get your grade 10, Ricky.

7. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Terrible officiating, though it was a tough night for it. Thunder is playing like they have an excuse to break the rules and overplay, I guess partially due to Beverly, which is silly considering what really happened between him and Westbrook.

Brooks could have been more of a jerk in his comment, but pretty lame acting like he thought the ref was in some kind of danger and he was doing his civic duty. BS.

Sucks that them playing shorthanded made the refs allow them to shove us around, but take the W and move on. Yahoo story about Durant calling Howard a p**** is a drag. Blood in the water thanks to Kobe who is just butt hurt he couldn't force Howard to stay by being a jackass. Have fun in your waning year(s) Kobe... starting a whining train won't make your exit look prettier.

8. Andrew Wiggins

Nothing you say will ever go over my head. Not sure how that post could have went over anyone's head.

I disagree. I don't hate Rondo and he plays the same way when he is healthy AND he is more in your face about it when you don't like it. The difference is there is no media telling you what to think about it. I don't "want to kill" Tim Thomas for tackling into Yao's knees. Bruce Bowen is dirty. Pat is not.

Knees bumped in a basketball game. Get over it.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

and i disagree. rondo does not do the same thing beverley does. beverley is extremely animated. a little too much imo but hes a rocket and like i said I'm just glad houston has him.

10. sabesque

sabesque Member

Bev is a force of nature. He comes back for one game on limited minutes and shakes up the league with his intensity. Say what you will about the guy, that's the type of toughness that you want rubbing off on the rest of our team.

11. Andrew Wiggins

[​IMG]

If you consider Beverley "extremely animated" then you don't watch the Celtics. Rondo doesn't care anymore, but when they had Allen, Pierce, and Garnett it was a different story. KG and Rondo always took it too far.

One example:

[​IMG]

You obviously don't watch basketball.

12. Andrew Wiggins

^oooooooooooooo had that been Beverley the press would have had a field day.

13. Andrew Wiggins

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Durant trying to impact the game from the bench.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

guess you're are not understanding the logic of being extremely animated in beverley's case. he's extremely animated when it comes to players. you bring up rondo but you never heard anyone calling him out about his play. when numerous players around the league call beverley out, you know something is wrong. i watch all of beverley's game and as a player i can see where they're coming from. Rondo and Beverley are in two different classes when it comes to their play. so before you criticize someone figure out what you're completely talking about first

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I missed it. Can someone show me where in the video that happens?

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Beverley is an unbelievably huge asset. Remember when there was actually controversy about who should start, him or Lin?

18. Andrew Wiggins

hehe, I know exaclty what you're talking about. You used the words extremely and animated like it was a problem, so I provided you with an example of Rondo being extremely animated an physical.

You have no right to question me. Rondo plays EXACTLY the same way. The difference is Rondo has the reputation of being an excellent pesky defender and players don't say anything about him when they hear that. Beverley has the reputation of playing dirty because of knees bumping one time on a play that has happened more times than you can believe.

Here is my evidence:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bO32Yrk1poo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Put this on mute:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bO32Yrk1poo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]
    This is the one you guys might disagree with, but I think it is the dirtiest. Never put your foot under a shooter. Respectable players know this, dirty players like Bowen do not. They use it to injure and/or scare good shooters of getting hurt when they shoot.

Right now Rondo is trying to recover from an injury, get paid, and get out of Boston. He doesn't care much about winning.

19. Andrew Wiggins

This should be the first video (can't check them in previews):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dRxZ-6DYJgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can provide you with more, just ask.

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

LOL, wow. I guess we should just shut down Clutchfans! No more debates, no more questions, this 2013er knows it all. Let's all just post on his blog and ask for his wisdom.

Good lord.