1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley/Scott Brooks/Referee Altercation?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Space City

Space City Member

2. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Bring in Rasheed Wallace?

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

seems to me the only one that was raging at the referee was Scott Brooks himself

4. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Scott Brooks will have a better future in politics, not coaching.

5. Andrew Wiggins

I feel like OKC, from the players to the coaches, the fans, and yes even the refs all do there part to make Beverley out to be a bad guy. They seriously need to get over knees bumping.

I remember they T'd up Pat the next time we played them with Westbrook for just standing there while Westbrook was yelling angrily, initiated the contact, and waving his hand everywhere. How he got away with all that and Bev got the T says the refs were catering to their fans.

6. Andrew Wiggins

Can't forget the media and twitter haters.

7. Andrew Wiggins

You're right, the camera angle made it look much worse than it was.

8. Francis3mvp

Francis3mvp Member

Nobody saw Howard and Durant jawing at each other in that clip?

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I would insanely hate Beverly if he weren't a Rocket lol.

10. Andrew Wiggins

i don't think i'm dumb enough to hate him. I can clearly see past the bs and see a guy who doesn't play dirty. Sure, Adams and Barnes are high energy, hustle guys, but they are dirty and grab/push players when they can get away with it. Show me one clip of Beverley doing that.

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

This is a disgusting, disgusting comment. I can't believe I just read this.

12. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Hell no.

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Brooks is trying to start something. It's one thing for players to say those types things in the media but when a coach does it and makes comments like "You never know what can happen" and "I was a little worried for Bill" to suggest that Beverley is some sort of murder or criminal is low. Really low.

I will admit that at first glance, it did look fishy especially the way that Kennedy's head whipped back and the camera angle but to think that Beverley would go Latrell Sprewell is insane.

14. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

bias announcers defending their team. Scott Brooks was already walking on to the floor calling a time out and started charging that way before Bev even approached the ref. PLUS....Bev was leaning in (kinda hard I might add) with his ear. If Brooks was trying to save the ref then was cuss his ass out during the process? What a joke lol

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

If Bev was really getting into his face, he wouldve gotten a tech and probably suspended. A much bigger deal would have been made of it. It's pretty obvious he just couldn't hear him.

16. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

the DNP being in Dwight's face and calling him a pu***(if you can read lips) is going to get lost in the media.

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he would've got a tech if he was trying to indimidate the ref or w/e. lookedl ike he couldnt hear so he put his ear to the refs face.

18. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

As long as he did not put his hand on the ref the most they could do to him is to fine him.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It was nothing, if Bev was doing that for real he would have gotten thrown from the game lol.

Looked a lot worse than it was.

20. ribbit

ribbit Member

Brooks was going to the ref even before Bev got into the refs face. I doubt he can hear what they were talking about. Brooks, the hero.