1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is starting at PG in Manila against the Pacers (UPDATED w/ CF Article)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moose, Oct 10, 2013.

1. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

If Lin is not traded before his contract is up, this will surely factor in to whether he wants to resign with the team. Until then, I'm sure he will continue to be a good soldier and play his best in whatever capacity the coaching staff has in store for him. He is a good enough player to be successful whether he starts or comes off the bench.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

lol get rekted

since when did Philipinos care THAT much about Lin, racist Lin fanboys thinking all Asians are the same

3. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

Lin is our showcase piece???

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I wonder how Lin feels about not starting in the Philippines and I wonder how he feels about being the 6th man he's had one hell of a career so far being cut to being on the Knicks than signed to rockets then to be benched then to maybe being traded what a journey he's been on

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What do you mean they shouldn't mess around with the player combinations. Preseasons IS when you mess around with it.

I like how people pretend like Lin or Berverly is even remotely important in this team's offense when in reality they are 4th option on offense and switching them around won't effect basically anything.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I bet Lin feels a lot more comfortable, because he has so much more freedom with the 2nd unit.

He can be on a key player on a winning team and have the freedom of Linsanity.

7. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

really now? I was born in the philippines lived there all my life till 5 years ago... and I say BS... even my mother knows Lin...

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bev played damn good in the starting lineup.

9. J Hard

J Hard Member

Great move Kevin!

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Preseason isn't about showcasing. It's about figuring things out.

11. gene18

gene18 Rookie

This was coming for a long time. Mchale dislikes Lin. He does not even look or talk to Lin after the games.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Brilliant move by McHale.

13. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Well, it isn't hard to figure out who the Lin fans are in this thread.

1 person likes this.
  14. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

STFU... you don't know what you are talking about... I bet where dumped by a filipina...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7">@JLin7</a> for a practice at <a href="https://twitter.com/MOAArena">@MOAArena</a> earlier. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Linsanity&amp;src=hash">#Linsanity</a> for <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NBAPhGames&amp;src=hash">#NBAPhGames</a> on Oct 10! <a href="http://t.co/IuyIQOuIvP">pic.twitter.com/IuyIQOuIvP</a></p>&mdash; Librafree (@Librafree) <a href="https://twitter.com/Librafree/statuses/387487218849153024">October 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nuff said...

15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Bev complements Harden the best out of the two. He is also a tempo setter on defense.That starts shows how deadly we can be.

16. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Gotta laugh at everyone putting all kinds of motives in McHale's head, when the truth is they have absolutely no idea what he is thinking. They can only use their own reasoning to try and make sense of what someone else does.

Like Yoda told Luke in The Empire Strikes Back when asked what's in the cave. "Only what you take with you."

You can see each poster's own personal feelings on Jeremy Lin and the Houston Rockets come out like luminol brings out blood stains.

17. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I can't believe how much people are overreacting in this thread.

The Facts
    - Beverley has proven himself enough to warrant big minutes. Him and Lin will likely see significant PT regardless of who's starting and who's coming off the bench.
    - Because of this, it's only natural to see who fits better with certain lineups.
    - Preseason does NOT matter, but it is a great time for McHale to try out a few warranted lineup experiments and take some notes.

Star players come off the bench all the time in preseason, for whatever reason. I'm definitely not saying Lin's a star, but I am saying that it is stupid to get worked up over this.

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

You cant be seriouse?

19. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Hahahahaha

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Expected result when you are a fan of one player, rather than a fan of the team.

1 person likes this.