1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is starting at PG in Manila against the Pacers (UPDATED w/ CF Article)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moose, Oct 10, 2013.

1. BBAAB

BBAAB Rookie

McHale will top this by deciding to 'take a closer look' at Brooks and Canaan and give Lin a rest in Taipei

2. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Nobody is above the team but this is stupid....remember this to Adelman vs Francis when Steve came back to Houston

3. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Whenever you say you want to experiment...you do not believe in what you have

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Or maybe you believe you can get better than what you have?

5. jason330i

jason330i Member

this is strange though.

i thought if you wanted to trade lin, you would feature him.

haha.

6. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

He's the coach, but bench your star Asian player when they are playing in Asia? kind of a Richard move if you ask me.

1 person likes this.
  7. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

You do this when Lin is our showcase piece? Bad move McHale....again.

8. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

it continues. McFail is really a sack full of hate. no one this stupid should be allowed to coach in the NBA

9. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

and of course, all of the usual LOHs coming out to support McFail's decisions

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Lin fans feeling the heat. If Harden and Ginobili can come off the bench, so can Lin.

11. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

i smell trade

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Team looked great with PB starting and LOF's still mad? I'm confused. First player off the bench is usually a star in his own right and gets massive love on winning teams. When did it become about the players and not the team?

1 person likes this.
  13. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

There's some cheers for Lin when he scores, but people aren't going Linsanity like they were in Taiwan for Lin. If he started and basically became a spot up shooter, while watching Harden and Howard, what then? That's a better fit for Beverley's game.

Right now they are letting Lin be a PG and run the system. If he has to do it as a 6th man, then let it happen. Tons of 6th men are still capable of scoring...Lamar Odom, James Harden, JR Smith, Jamal Crawford, etc.

As Lin would say, this could be a "blessing in disguise".

14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Lin is the feature player of the second unit as opposed to being the 4th option in the starting unit. I don't see what the big deal is.

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The unit is working, Lin gets a lot more touches and he is leading the 2nd unit in points and assists.

Lin keeps the 2nd unit going because he is a much better playmaker than Beverley.

I hope Lin fans could see that Linsanity is more likely to happen with Lin being the primarily handler and scorer off the bench than the secondary, 3rd/4th option in the starting lineup.

16. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I do not see the big deal either. Lin and Harden do not compliment each other what so ever. Beverly proved in the playoffs he can work with the first team.

Let Lin be our Manu Ginobli, instand offense off the bench, come in once Harden sits and go to work. Play Lin and Harden together about 10-15 mins a game but let them have time to operate without the other. Should help keep James a little fresher too, so he can put some more defensive effort.

Would all the LOH fans seriously be pissed if this team runs through the regular season with a top 4 record and Lin winning 6th man of the year?

That being said, this team is a work in progress, who knows what will stick. The only guarantees are that James, Chandler and Dwight are our core.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Lin in the second unit helps the team alot more than Beverley in the second unit, while there isn't that much of a noticeable difference in the starting 5

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There can be only ONE of those, good sir !

DD

19. steady

steady Member

But this is what I find puzzling- (apart from the whole you-know-this-game-is-in-Manila,-right? angle). I agree, they should be experimenting with different player combinations, but shouldn't they be doing that with an eye to who they are playing?

Playing one of the League's best defenses, and one of the best at PnR defense, seemed like a fantastic opportunity to see how our offense was developing. Do the Rockets really need to test how well their defense stacks up against the Pacers' offense?

I know this is sounding sarcastic, and I actually still am hoping this happened because they feel such an urgency to win this year, and so they want to get the starting PG issue ironed out ASAP, with no time to waste, game in Manila, be damned. But at the moment, I am SMH.

20. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

McHale gas been on Lin since T Douglas was here...every time he had a bad series you would see Douglas or Bev at the check in table...but like I said no one is above the team. I think Lin is so passive in nature maybe by his up bringing that maybe McHale knows he is not going to back talk or complain in public. Lin needs to air out his displeasure cause I know I would.