1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is starting at PG in Manila against the Pacers (UPDATED w/ CF Article)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moose, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

I agree with a lot of this. Altering the minutes is a feasible option but not the easy option. As a HOF big man, there is going to be inherent bias that way, it's only human. Just like when Isaiah Thomas was drafting, he always picked the undersized PG first. Inherent bias and preference.

1 person likes this.
  2. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

They are no different than any other bball player. They are not conditioned to seeing an Asian baller dominate so it seems strange to them. I bet if his friends truly watched themselves on video (as opposed to thinking how they look) they will see a lot of similarities between them and Lin vs the other players on the court. But seriously, how many people watch videos of themselves?

3. quizone

quizone Member

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Oh my word, that is the guy who wrote "unshackle Lin" last season. Raise your hand if you think he can coach better than Kevin McHale.

Can you say "click jockey"?

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

man that dude sounds pissed.

What about the fact that it was nice to see what kind of scoring lin can provide 2nd unit?

also was nice to see what bev can do with 1st unit since its preseason and starters minutes for harden and howard are going to be even more limited then once season starts.

Bev needs his reps with 1st team since Lin will be required to log heavy minutes with 2nd team as well. Overall minutes will be 60-40 in favor of Lin vs. bev and that's pretty much all the LOF need to worry about. LOF acting butthurt about a preseason game where Lin played well no less is not very considerate of the idea of team and trying to look at all options in preseason.

Please stop being annoying LOF. Lin is going to get his shot and I hope he comes through.

6. kcd

kcd Member

At least someone in local media is supporting Lin and NOT keep changing his narrative.

7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

8. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

That's what I thought should be the proper way to handle the PG situation. Hopefully McHale will do that in the regular season.

9. x86zibit

x86zibit Member

guys lin himself said it doesn't matter who starts or not, whats important is the players play well when they're on the court. I think that puts the matter to rest. Continued speculation is only fueling people's own twisted agendas.

10. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

After what happend to Lowry and dragic, you guys expect Mchale to smartly handle the PG situation now with Lin and Bev???